2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 6:59 PM by 857311

Check printing on landscape

Hi All,

I have implemented the AP Check printing prog in r12 for mutiple countries like US, CA, FR, DE, UK. Now i am working on Check printing for Costa Rica.
      The main problem here is that i HAVE to use a EPSON FX-2190 dotmatrix printer to print these checks.

When i print the output of the Format Payment Instructions, even though the o/p is a portrait it is printing by rotating the output by 90 degress.

I have tried a couple of options and finally have found a solution that if i use the Precprocess command as given below the printer prints properly.

New: preprocess=/usr/local/bin/pdftops -nocrop {infile} {outfile}

I would like to include a branc in the PASTA_PDF.cfg file and ask it to use the below option for all the other printer except the dotmatrix printer.
      Can i achieve it ??
      OLD : preprocess=/usr/local/bin/pdftops -paper match {infile} {outfile}

But bcos we can use only 1 style (PDF publisher ) at the Format Payment Instructions definition level i cannot create a different style and use it to print for this printer.
      I want to do a branching and use a different preprocess command or a different pasta_pdf.cfg file based on the printer name.
      Is this even doable ? Can yopu think of any workaround to make the pasta_pdf.cfg file selection dynamics based on printer name or anything else.

We are using the std payment process with no customization in the PPR process.
      Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Vijay

Thanks,
      Vijay
        • 1. Re: Check printing on landscape
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
          When i print the output of the Format Payment Instructions, even though the o/p is a portrait it is printing by rotating the output by 90 degress.

I have tried a couple of options and finally have found a solution that if i use the Precprocess command as given below the printer prints properly.

New: preprocess=/usr/local/bin/pdftops -nocrop {infile} {outfile}

I would like to include a branc in the PASTA_PDF.cfg file and ask it to use the below option for all the other printer except the dotmatrix printer.
          Can i achieve it ??
          OLD : preprocess=/usr/local/bin/pdftops -paper match {infile} {outfile}

But bcos we can use only 1 style (PDF publisher ) at the Format Payment Instructions definition level i cannot create a different style and use it to print for this printer.
          I want to do a branching and use a different preprocess command or a different pasta_pdf.cfg file based on the printer name.
          Is this even doable ? Can yopu think of any workaround to make the pasta_pdf.cfg file selection dynamics based on printer name or anything else.

We are using the std payment process with no customization in the PPR process.
          Any advice is greatly appreciated.
          Have you reviewed these docs?

Pdf Report Prints in Portrait vs Landscape -Pdf2ps Vs Pdftops [ID 419463.1]
          Custom Landscape Reports In PDF Format Print In Portrait Orientation [ID 421358.1]
          PASTA 3.0 Release Information [ID 239196.1]
          Where To Find Documentation On Third Party Preprocessing Tools Used With Pasta [ID 783918.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Check printing on landscape
            Hi Hussein,

Thanks a lot for ur quick response.Sorry, i frgot mentioning that info.
            We are on Applications : R12.1.3
            DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

I looked ate the

Pdf Report Prints in Portrait vs Landscape -Pdf2ps Vs Pdftops [ID 419463.1]

It asks us to create a different pasta_file and a different driver with a different style. BUT in my case we have the style defined at the Conc Prog definition of "Format Payment Instruction" level.
            How can i ask the cp to use a different print style based on printer name ?
            Can i add a branch to the $FND_TOP/resource/pasta_pdf.cfg file based on printer name ? I tried adding it based on printername but it is not showing any difference in the printout.
            Do you know how this pasta_pdf.cfg file is being called or used in the PPR prcoess of payments ?

I will go through the other documents u have listed now.

Thanks,
            Vijay