This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 2:37 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Bouncy castle

909533 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi
i need to generate public key,private key and generator value using elliptic curve cryptography.in order to generate generator G i need to include a header file import org.bouncycastle.Utilities.Encoders;..i have downloaded bouncycastle jar file but it doesnot contain class for utilities.Anyone please help me to find out appropriate jar file which contains utilities class..Thanks a lot..
  • 1. Re: Bouncy castle
    gimbal2 Guru
    Well first of all the import is either not valid or it is a static import; as you can see Utilities is written with a capital, so it is a class, not a package. Since there is a package org.bouncycastle.utils.encoders, I'm pretty sure that this is what you need.

I figured that out really easily: -just look at the javadocs-.

http://www.bouncycastle.org/docs/docs1.6/index.html

Finding information is so easy, if only you reason a bit about where to look for it.
  • 2. Re: Bouncy castle
    sabre150 Expert
    In your other thread ( Re: ECC key generation ) I showed you exactly how to get 'G' but you seem to have given up on that and decided that BouncyCastle will be easier. It won't be since the requirements to understand basic Java and Javadoc are the same for both the packages you have looked at.

From your two posts I suspect you need to first learn the basics of Java .
  • 3. Re: Bouncy castle
    gimbal2 Guru
    sabre150 wrote:
    In your other thread ( Re: ECC key generation ) I showed you exactly how to get 'G' but you seem to have given up on that and decided that BouncyCastle will be easier. It won't be since the requirements to understand basic Java and Javadoc are the same for both the packages you have looked at.

From your two posts I suspect you need to first learn the basics of Java .
    I feel violated :(

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points