4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 5:28 PM by 837734

GoldenGate Running with no error but no replication.How to Troubleshoot?

VIRU
      Hi,

I am using 2 servers

OS DB
      Server 1 - IBM AIX ORACLE 11g - Source Machine.
      Server 2 - Oracle Linux 5 ORACLE 11g - Target Machine.

I am trying to apply goldengate to replicate data as well as DDL modifications from Server 1 to Server 2.

Details of Server 1 :-

Manager is running.

Parameter file for Extract IUT01

EXTRACT IUT01
      USERID ggs_owner, PASSWORD ggs_owner
      RMTHOST OFSMUG-VM-87.i-flex.com, MGRPORT 7809
      RMTTRAIL /oracle/GoldenGate/Setup/dirdat/rt
      TABLE NGPIUT01.*;

Parameter file for Extract IUT01DP - Data pump Extract

EXTRACT IUT01DP
      EXTTRAIL /data01/oradata/GoldenGate/dirdat/dpump/lt
      TABLE IUT01.*;

GGSCI (FIFLX595) 56> info all

Program Status Group Lag Time Since Chkpt

MANAGER RUNNING
      EXTRACT RUNNING IUT01 00:00:00 00:00:05
      EXTRACT RUNNING IUT01DP 00:00:00 00:00:09

Details of Server 2 :-

Manager is running.

Parameter file for Replicat NGPIUT01

REPLICAT NGPIUT01
      ASSUMETARGETDEFS
      MAP NGPIUT01.*, TARGET IUT01.*;

GGSCI (OFSMUG-VM-87.i-flex.com) 42> info all

Program Status Group Lag Time Since Chkpt

MANAGER RUNNING
      REPLICAT RUNNING NGPIUT01 00:00:00 00:00:08

But I can't see the changes happening in the Source db getting reflected in the Target db .

Please guide me how should i troubleshoot here???? I am not getting any error but no effect of replication as well.

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: GoldenGate Running with no error but no replication.How to Troubleshoot?
          stevencallan
          Let's say you want to use a data pump in your replication. A data pump is a secondary extract process. The primary extract will get SQL out of the redo logs and put it into local files, called trails. From there, the data pump will send those files to the target server.

On the target server, the replicat process will read through the trails and create the SQL to be applied to the target database.

In your parameters, what you have so far, is one extract sending directly to the target, altogether bypassing a data pump. Then you have a data pump that does nothing (where is it sending the trails to?). And your replicat, which is okay by itself.

I would suggest going through the tutorial at Oracle Learning Library. There are several other steps you missed (or at least, did not mention in your post).

Here is the link to OLL:
          http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=44785:2:2156313463925258:FORCE_QUERY::2,CIR,RIR:P2_TAGS:Goldengate

Plus, look at the admin guide and the diagrams. Those will help explain the architecture.
          • 2. Re: GoldenGate Running with no error but no replication.How to Troubleshoot?
            VIRU
            Thanks for your reply.

I am facing a error now.
             ERROR   OGG-01031  There is a problem in network communication, a remote file problem, encryption keys
            for target and source do not match (if using ENCRYPT) or an unknown error. (Reply received is Unable to open file "/oracle/G
            oldenGate/Setup/dirdat/rt000004" (error 11, Resource temporarily unavailable)).
            I tried the solution given in some post on this forum which says that rename the rt0001 file to some other name like rt0001_backup and then restart the extract dpump process and then it will work. I did this it started working but after sometime I get again the same error for some different file.

Please guide me what to do in such situations?
            • 4. Re: GoldenGate Running with no error but no replication.How to Troubleshoot?
              Hi
              you can use logdump utility to find out the number of transactons in source trail file and target trail file. The count should match. in Golden Gate home directory you can execute "logdump" command and

(1) open "trail file location"
              (2) detail data on
              (3) count