This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 2:48 AM by 900694 RSS

SolStudio 12.2 installed via IPS - no suitable "Build Tools" can be found.

823443 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I've managed to set up a local repository for SolStudio 12.2 and then installed it on my Solaris 11 desktop.
The problem is that the "Build Tools" ( following the menus: Tools | Options | C/C++ ) are not set/detected correctly and I get the following message in a dialog:

<blockquote>
No suitable compilers were found on your system. The IDE needs a suitable set of compilers and other build tools in order to work correctly.
If you already have compilers on your system but they were not found, do one of the following:

1) Exit the IDE, add your compilers to your PATH environment variable, and restart the IDE.

2) Open the Build Tool dialog in Tools | Options | C/C++ | Build Tools and add your compiler(s) to the setup.
If you do not already have compilers on your system, do:
(what???)

3) Download and install a suitable set of compilers and restart the IDE.
Visit http://netbeans.org/community/releases/69/cpp-setup-instructions.html for further assistance in installing and configuring a build environment.
</blockquote>

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.
  • 1. Re: SolStudio 12.2 installed via IPS - no suitable "Build Tools" can be found.
    900694 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    if you installed C/C++ compilers with patches, then IDE updates are needed too.

1) Press Tools|Plugins in IDE
    2) Check Updates tab and press Update button
    3) Install first update
    4) Restart IDE
    5) Press Tools|Plugins again
    6) Install other updates
    7) Restart IDE
    Check compilers:
    8) Push Tools|Options
    9) Activate Build Tools tab in C/C++ section
    10) Check "OracleSolarisStudio" exists in Tool Collection table
    11) If it doesn't exist, press Restore Defaults button