3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 8:45 AM by gimbal2 RSS

¿Does exist any tablet which runs java web start?

I want to buy a tablet pc, for example, Samsung Galaxy, Ipad... or similar, for me it's not important the brand.

¿do you know if exists any tablet which can run a java web start application?

My application is compiled with jdk 1.4 and starts by a simple .jnlp web file.
        • 1. Re: ¿Does exist any tablet which runs java web start?
          gimbal2
          That would be any table that runs a default Linux or Windows desktop so you can install a proper JVM. iPad or Android based OSes don't support the JVM and thus also do not have the Java plugin you need to be able to use Webstart.

Android is Java based though; its built in appstore serves much the same purposes as webstart. Perhaps that is worth considering.
          • 2. Re: ¿Does exist any tablet which runs java web start?
            Thanks friend.

Then, ¿does anybody know a particular model of tablet pc that runs JVM (and therefore JWS)?
            • 3. Re: ¿Does exist any tablet which runs java web start?
              gimbal2
              799037 wrote:
              Thanks friend.

Then, ¿does anybody know a particular model of tablet pc that runs JVM (and therefore JWS)?
              Read what I say: you need a tablet which runs a normal Windows or Linux OS. You don't run the JVM, the JVM has implementations for specific operating systems. So that is your criteria: it must be able to run such an OS. Once you have that, you can install the Java runtime on it.

Generally that will be a laptop/netbook which can be transformed into a tablet by turning the screen. Check your favorite computer web shop for possibilities, there are a few. Not really a Java question anymore either.