This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2013 10:28 AM by 911712 RSS

Problem when assigning Baseline having Actuals

911712 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
In P6 while assigning a Revised Baseline which has activities with actual start, the columns for early start displays the dates only from the remaining early start of the baseline or the data date of the update.

The actual start dates are not reflected in the early start fields as was possible in p3.

The actual start is displayed if we introduce additional column for the actual start but not in the ealry start with an A suffix which was the case in p3.

Anyone with solutions? is it a P6 bug?
  • 1. Re: Problem when assigning Baseline having Actuals
    cruz878 Journeyer
    This is by design in P6 and not a bug. Scheduling with "Progress Override" or "Actual Dates" will set the early and late dates to be blank but will not set these to the actual dates.

See "Early And Late Dates Are Showing For Completed Activities And/Or Project Total Float Is Showing For Completed Projects [ID 899110.1]" in the Oracle Knowledge Base.
  • 2. Re: Problem when assigning Baseline having Actuals
    911712 Newbie
    I found out the solution myself as follows:

We need to do a global change to solve this problem.

Here is how to do the Global Change:

To set an updated schedule as a baseline, we should first set the Planned Dates equal to Current Dates by using global change. Because P6 uses Planned Dates of your baseline. (In a schedule where no activities are started, PL Dates= Current Dates. )

Planned Start=Start
    Planned Finish=Finish.
    By equating planned and current dates, we will be enabled to see our updated schedule’s dates as baseline dates in the current schedule. (Provided that we assigned the baseline properly). However, during the global change operation we will notice that Activity % Complete Values and Original Durations of the activities will be changed. But if the main point is to compare date information, this method will solve our problem.

Note: The above solution was borrowed from some previous posts which now i am unable to retreive, but thankful to the author. helped me a lot in similar situations.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points