5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 10:59 AM by user3847967 RSS

Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered

Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered.

Here it is automatically getting BOOKED

1) I have created one PR -100
      2) Approved it
      3) Ran create internal orders
      4) Login as Order Management responsibility.
      5) Import orders
      6) Searched for the ISO -200.
      7) It’s status is in BOOKED

We want the status of Internal sales order to remain = Entered.
      So that changes can be made to the sales order.
      Is there any profile options?
        • 1. Re: Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered
          Luko
          Hello,

It is impossible.

Look at UNABLE TO IMPORT A REQUISITION FROM PO TO OE WITH AN OE STATUS OF "ENTERED" [ID 1007593.6]

Maybe you have R12 New Features 12.1.1 Internal Requisition Internal Sales Order Change Management [ID 854051.1] and some information you can change.

Regards,
          Luko
          • 2. Re: Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered
            There's no Profile to control .. But you should try creating a Hold Source using the Order type and make all the Internal Orders on Hold defined with "Booking Activity" ..

Regards,
            • 3. Re: Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              Another option to investigate:
              Write a before-insert trigger on OE_HEADERS_IFACE_ALL and make booked_Flag ='N' for internal orders
              Also write a before-insert trigger on oe_actions_iface_all to remove any BOOK action row Oracle is inserting.

BUT BE VERY CAREFUL.

By not booking the internal order, you are creating a mismatch between the supply-demand picture of the 2 orgs.
              The DESTINATION org sees an approved requisition and hence assumes a confirmed supply.
              The SOURCE org sees a ENTERED order and hence does not see a confirmed demand.

I would first check with the business why they want to leave the ISO in Entered status.

Hope this helps,
              Sandeep Gandhi
              • 4. Re: Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered
                user3847967

Hello,

I realize this is an old thread but it is exactly what I have encountered.

I am able to import an internal Sales Order with a Status of Entered.  However, I need to import these orders with a Status of Booked  (we have no process for Booking Internal Sales Orders).

We are on 11.5.10.2 EBS on 10.2.0.4 DB.

We have multiple inventory orgs but we have only processed Internal order between two of them P Org  to F Org.   those internal Sales orders are imported with a Status of Booked.

However we need to have Internal Sales Order from P Org to N Org.   When I import these internal Sales Orders they import with a Status of Entered.

As it works as expected in one Org but not the other, I believe it must be a Org setup issue.

Any suggestions on where to look?

• 5. Re: Internal Sales order Status should remain Entered
                  user3847967

Hello,

, I agree that is should be impossible but i was setill getting Internal Sales orders with a Status of Entered.

I recloned and was not able to reproduce the problem.  A few weeks later the problem reoccured.  I checked for recent changes and found that another member of the team was testing changes to the Sales Tax Defaulting rules.

If you have a Bad Sales Tax rule, the Internal Order cannot book and has a status of entered.  I figured I would just close the loop.

Thank you for your suggestions.