This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 1:22 PM by 912194 RSS

Alphabetize Navigation?

Vivekvp Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

We are using the Horizontal Drop-Down Navigation and have about 10 communities. The issue is - we wanted them listed in alphabetical order across the top.

The problem is there is not option to do it alphabetically, the options are to use the Mandatory Tab Priority and adjust them up and down till they are all in order. It takes a lot of time, and a community name is added or changed, the whole juggling act happens again.

Is there any way to better way to alphabetize the navigation via the UI or database?

Thanks,

V
  • 1. Re: Alphabetize Navigation?
    Mike Headley Journeyer
    Hello,

If you are using Adaptive Layouts and portal 6.5 or higher, you can modify them to alphabetize the communities. See this Knowledge Article:

How to use WebCenter Interaction Adaptive Tags to Alphabetically Sort a List of Communities (Doc ID 852287.1)
    https://support.oracle.com/oip/faces/secure/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id=852287.1

-Mike Headley, WCI Developer Support
  • 2. Re: Alphabetize Navigation?
    Vivekvp Journeyer
    Unfortunately, we are not using Adaptive Layouts...

Anything we can do in this case?

Thanks,

V
  • 3. Re: Alphabetize Navigation?
    912194 Newbie
    You still have some hope...

You will need to do one of two things. First you need to get the UI source code. From here you can either extend the existing navigation scheme or create your own based on the scheme that you are using. It has been a while since I looked at the code, but I remember doing something similar to this, and it was not too difficult. I am sure others could post links to help you locate where there are some examples, etc. I just wanted to chime in and say that there are still some options.

--Andrew                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points