1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 6:23 AM by 962177 RSS

OEM 12c start failed

__OUTSIDER___
      Hi dears,

I am facing very stupid situation , please help.
      After I failed with installation of Virtualization Plug-in (from EM12c console) because my agent is crashed
      I can't start OEM.

*[oracle@ovm ~]$ $OMS_HOME/bin/emctl start oms*
      Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 12.1.0.1.0
      Copyright (c) 1996, 2011 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
      Starting WebTier...
      WebTier Successfully Started
      Starting Oracle Management Server...
      Oracle Management Server is not functioning because of the following reason:
      Plug-in deployment is in progress. Enterprise Manager will be started automatically after plug-in deployment is complete. Try 'emctl status oms -details' to see current status of plug-in deployment

I try but nothing ....

-----------------------------
      *[oracle@ovm ~]$ $OMS_HOME/bin/emctl status oms -details*
      Enter Enterprise Manager Root (SYSMAN) Password :
      Console Server Host : ovm.oracle.cloud
      HTTP Console Port : 7789
      HTTPS Console Port : 7801
      HTTP Upload Port : 4890
      HTTPS Upload Port : 4901
      OMS is not configured with SLB or virtual hostname
      Agent Upload is locked.
      OMS Console is locked.
      Active CA ID: 1
      Console URL: https://ovm.oracle.cloud:7801/em
      Upload URL: https://ovm.oracle.cloud:4901/empbs/upload

WLS Domain Information
      Domain Name : GCDomain
      Admin Server Host: ovm.oracle.cloud

Managed Server Information
      Managed Server Instance Name: EMGC_OMS1
      Managed Server Instance Host: ovm.oracle.cloud
      ---------------------------

I remember that I stopped deploying plug-in job and delete running job.
      After I reboot the server and OEM is not running.

Please help me.
      ./thanks
        • 1. Re: OEM 12c start failed
          Loc Nhan -Oracle
          Hi,

- Use command "emcli get_plugin_deployment_status" to check the status of the last plug-in deployment.

For more information on the above command, check this doc:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/em.121/e17786/cli_verb_ref.htm#CHEEFAAD

- If you cannot start the OMS successfully, check log/trace files in .../gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log for clues.

Regards,
          - Loc
          • 2. Re: OEM 12c start failed
            __OUTSIDER___
            LocN wrote:
            Hi,

- Use command "emcli get_plugin_deployment_status" to check the status of the last plug-in deployment.

For more information on the above command, check this doc:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/em.121/e17786/cli_verb_ref.htm#CHEEFAAD

- If you cannot start the OMS successfully, check log/trace files in .../gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log for clues.

Regards,
            - Loc
            Thanks Loc for relpy.
            Sorry but this is not working.

*[oracle@ovm log]$* /u01/app/oracle/MiddlewareEMc12/oms/bin/emcli get_plugin_deployment_status
            Error: The command name "get_plugin_deployment_status" is not a recognized command.
            Run the "help" command for a list of recognized commands.
            You may also need to run the "sync" command to synchronize with the current OMS.

and in log/trace files in .../gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log nothing.

Any ideas ?
            • 3. Re: OEM 12c start failed
              __OUTSIDER___
              Thanks for link Loc , if I understood right need to download and install EM CLI
              from "HTTP(S)://host:port/em/console/emcli/download" but I can't do this because I can't get
              that file (emclikit.jar).
              Do you know some command that can help me to undeploy the plug-in software or cancel
              deploying which is in progress?
              • 4. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                __OUTSIDER___
                __OUTSIDER___ wrote:
                Thanks for link Loc , if I understood right need to download and install EM CLI
                from "HTTP(S)://host:port/em/console/emcli/download" but I can't do this because I can't get
                that file (emclikit.jar).
                Do you know some command that can help me to undeploy the plug-in software or cancel
                deploying which is in progress?
                I found file and installed EM CLI but can't connect.

*[oracle@ovm ~]$ emcli setup -url=https://192.168.1.212:7801/em -username=sysman*
                Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 12.1.0.1.0.
                Copyright (c) 1996, 2011 Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Enter password

*Do you trust the certificate chain? [yes/no] yes*
                Error: Login failed

My password is fine. I think he can't connect OMS , and it's normal OMS is not running so
                no way to solve this problem without reinstalling EM12c?
                • 5. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                  Courtney Llamas-Oracle
                  The plugin deployment job has been killed, I would suggest you raise an SR with support so that we can provide cleaning steps. These steps need to run in support supervision hence don't want to share it on public forum.
                  • 6. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                    __OUTSIDER___
                    cllamas wrote:
                    The plugin deployment job has been killed, I would suggest you raise an SR with support so that we can provide cleaning steps. These steps need to run in support supervision hence don't want to share it on public forum.
                    Ok , I don't understand why but never mind thank you Courtney.
                    • 7. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                      Was this ever resolved? BP1 is giving me the exact same error. Can we document the clean up steps?
                      • 8. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                        user764924
                        Can you please describe the stpes that you have performed and the issues you see.
                        • 9. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                          Daryl E.
                          Can I add to this thread .. my BP1 crashed 2 days ago .. still unable to start. SR with Oracle going no where. Funny thing is the OEM is running on a different port now. I can hit the web page, port 7302 (was/should be 7801)
                          emctl status oms - still thinks its down.
                          All the agents cant talk to it .. so its essentailly useless.
                          Perhaps your OMS is running too - under a different port? (but useless like this)
                          Seems the restart is the problem with BP1.

Weblogics admin console is up and accessible.
                          emctl pingOMS from agents is unsuccessful.

$OMS_HOME/bin/emctl start oms
                          Copyright (c) 1996, 2012 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
                          Starting WebTier...
                          Oracle Management Server is Down

Could there be a bigger issue here?

Security issues?
                          java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (oracle.security.jps.service.credstore.CredentialAccessPermission context=SYSTEM,mapName=EM,keyName=REPOS_DETAILS read)

Daryl.
                          • 10. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                            Daryl E.
                            I see this thread .. similar issues ... "OMS(12c) does not start" and another "EM 12c - oracle management server is down"

Yikes .. and i have this for production monitoring of Exadata!!
                            • 11. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                              Daryl E.
                              I see this .. doesnt look good..

./emctl status oms -details
                              Copyright (c) 1996, 2012 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
                              Console Server Host : oem12cnc
                              HTTPS Upload Port : 4901
                              Agent Upload is locked. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                              OMS Console is locked. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                              Console URL: https://oem12cnc:7801/em
                              Upload URL: https://oem12cnc:4901/empbs/upload
                              • 12. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                                Mine was a BP1 patch upgrade issue also. We did the following:

a. Installed EM12c. Configured some targets. Everything worked fine.
                                b. Installed OMS BP1. OPatch worked fine. The post_deploy worked fine
                                c. Downloaded all the updated 12.1.0.2 plugins online. Worked fine
                                d. Applied the database plugin update to the OMS. Pre-reqs claimed everything passed. Got to the deployment phase and seemed to hang.
                                e. Restarted OMS...OMS wont start again, claims that deployment of plugin is still in progress. OMS is locked.

[oracle@ovm ~]$ $OMS_HOME/bin/emctl start oms
                                Starting WebTier...
                                Oracle Management Server is not functioning because of the following reason:
                                Plug-in deployment is in progress. Enterprise Manager will be started automatically after plug-in deployment is complete. Try 'emctl status oms -details' to see current status of plug-in deployment

Then attempted:

[oracle@ovm ~]$ $OMS_HOME/bin/emctl status oms -details
                                Console Server Host : cloud.oracle.com
                                HTTPS Upload Port : 4900
                                Agent Upload is locked.
                                OMS Console is locked.
                                Console URL: https://cloud.oracle.com:7801/em
                                Upload URL: https://cloud.oraclecom:4900/empbs/upload

WLS Domain Information
                                Domain Name : GCDomain
                                Admin Server Host: cloud.oracle.com

Managed Server Information
                                Managed Server Instance Name: EMGC_OMS1
                                Managed Server Instance Host: cloud.oracle.com

Looked at the pluginca log files. The plugin install log claims that it installed ok. I'm presuming something is stuck in either the EMRep or a file on the host somewhere

Mark
                                • 13. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                                  sxkumar
                                  All - I advised by other earlier, please log a SR and we will follow up. In these failure situation - which could happen for a variety of reasons - we have to go through a number of clean up steps that we have provided to Support. Those steps must be performed under Support supervision. So please log SRs and let us know your SR#s so that we can ensure prompt follow up.
                                  • 14. Re: OEM 12c start failed
                                    Daryl E.
                                    SR 3-5491632161: OEM12C - crashed - unable to restart

Nothing other than to try and stop and start it again so far after being down for 36 hours..
                                    1 2 Previous Next