3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 10:37 AM by 919352 RSS

Dual interface card communication

Hi,
      I am new to java card technology and going to work on SmartMX dual interface card.

(http://www.nxp.com/products/identification_and_security/smart_card_ics/smartmx_dual_interface_controllers/P5Cx009_P5Cx072_FAM_SDS.html)

I would like to know working of dual interface card. Is it possible to write data on java card Via NFC or vice-versa?
      Also, I want to know how to program java card & what kind of hardware I need for programing java card ?

Edited by: 909587 on Jan 23, 2012 12:16 AM
        • 1. Re: Dual interface card communication
          Umer
          Hi
          Amruta wrote:
          Also, I want to know how to program java card & what kind of hardware I need for programing java card ?
          To program java card in java you will need to download javacard development kit from the oracle site. It includes all the necessary tools and development kit for proramming and their documentation.

Regards
          • 2. Re: Dual interface card communication
            safarmer
            I would like to know working of dual interface card. Is it possible to write data on java card Via NFC or vice-versa?
            You either need to communicate with an applet on the card (that you develop) or interface with MiFARE. You SmartMX should have MiFARE as well as Java Card. What are you trying to achieve? If you can provide more details we may be able to add more information on how to do it.
            You will need a PC/SC compliant smartcard reader. You can get dual interface readers with contact and contactless interfaces.

Cheers,
            Shane
            • 3. Re: Dual interface card communication
              Hi Amruta,

Actually, there are some specialized Java Card Forums that could help you. in the next link, there is one. http://www.javacardforum.org/

I hope that it will be useful for you.

Oscar Gómez

Edited by: 916349 on 22-feb-2012 14:13

Edited by: rukbat on Mar 31, 2012 11:54 AM

Signature link removed by moderator.
              Advice: If you feel you must have some link to your employer, place it into your user profile.
              Don't spam the forums with it visible in all your posts.

Edited by: Oscar Gómez on April 02, 2012 10:36 AM

Link already set in the profile. Please be polite making your requests. Thanks.

Edited by: 916349 on 02-abr-2012 8:36