This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 2:28 AM by bexpaul RSS

Having issues publishing in UPK 3.6.1 (plus patch)

913139 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have been using UPK for a few years now but this is the first time i have ever had any issues with publishing. The error message is as follows:

Publishing Activity Log

Task Name Type Path Comment Ref. #
Player / Adding relations to document Job Aid Publishing Project /5dae4814-9658-4530-ac99-14d6279027d3/Parts/pr.oxmlprint.single.xml Processing project failed. 1874643358
Player / Copying Print It! documents [{0}] Copying failed. 677421808
Player / Copying screenshots Check out Project Requisition Topic /9fe6ba7e-5723-47ce-bedb-bc71bd151c8f/1007.png Processing image conversion failed. 677421808
Player / Copying screenshots Check out Project Requisition Topic /9fe6ba7e-5723-47ce-bedb-bc71bd151c8f/1010.png Processing image conversion failed. 677421808
Player / Copying screenshots Check out Project Requisition Topic /9fe6ba7e-5723-47ce-bedb-bc71bd151c8f/1013.png Processing image conversion failed. 677421808
Player / Copying help files Player Publishing Project /f3bc54e2-a85e-452a-abb0-2dad5435a6bb/Parts/InAppGuide/InAppGuide.zip Reading input for zipping failed. 1090976704

if I use the local publish option (preview) it also fails with the following error message:

Publishing Activity Log

Task Name Type Path Comment Ref. #
Player / Copying screenshots Check out Project Requisition Topic /9fe6ba7e-5723-47ce-bedb-bc71bd151c8f/1007.png Processing image conversion failed. 677421808
Player / Copying screenshots Check out Project Requisition Topic /9fe6ba7e-5723-47ce-bedb-bc71bd151c8f/1010.png Processing image conversion failed. 677421808
Player / Copying screenshots Check out Project Requisition Topic /9fe6ba7e-5723-47ce-bedb-bc71bd151c8f/1013.png Processing image conversion failed. 677421808

Strangley enough I have been able to publish it fine on the laptop it was developed on and on many other laptops (I have tried most things - lol)...

Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?

Many thanks
  • 1. Re: Having issues publishing in UPK 3.6.1 (plus patch)
    900955 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi there,

    What patch level are you at for UPK 3.6.1? Enablement SP 3 has patching for Office 2010.

    I am not sure what version of Office you are running, but the error you seem to be getting could be related to Office.
    See the link below that I have found that may assist you (your error number is relevant in this thread):
    UPK 3.6.1 - Broken links - ref 1783136775

    If your implementation of UPK 3.6.1 is not at the latest patch level (3), then first install the cumulative patch 3 and try to publish again.
    The fact that you cannot publish to a server or locally would seem to point to an issue that is more likely on the machine itself.

    I hope the info helps :)

    Regards,
    Greig
  • 2. Re: Having issues publishing in UPK 3.6.1 (plus patch)
    913139 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I don't think that it is a patch issue, I think it might be a naming issue - as in the full name/file location is so long that it is causing issues with referencing whilst publishing, I will get back you you when i have investigated further
  • 3. Re: Having issues publishing in UPK 3.6.1 (plus patch)
    bexpaul Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same problem and have upgraded to 3.6.1 with Enablement SP3 and reimported my modules but am still having the same problem.

    Task | Name | Type | Path | Comment | Ref. #
    Player / Copying screenshots | (My module name) | Topic /6ab78472-891d-4577-ba22-14bc8c9d0f69/10.png | Processing image conversion failed. | 677421808
    Player / Copying screenshots | (My module name) | Topic /6ab78472-891d-4577-ba22-14bc8c9d0f69/3.png | Processing image conversion failed. | 677421808
    etc - one for each screenshot in this topic.

    My module consists of two topics and one exports/previews fine but the other does this.

    Update: after a day's head-scratching I think I've cracked it. The problem may have been left over from the prior installation. After the upgrade I kept opening this topic and finding it lacked any screenshots. I dug around in the file system and found where the images should be, and found them in the equivalent place in the previous file store. I copied them into the right place and the topic appeared OK in the editor, but still wouldn't export.

    Today I did this again and then 'edited' every screenshot - right-clicked and chose to edit it, then just saved and closed it immediately. This action seems to have added all the screenshots into the 'manifest' file for this module (in the Windows filesystem) and now all appears OK - for now, at least (I can't remember the last bit of software I had so much technical trouble doing basic tasks with!).

    Edited by: user7247432 on 07-Mar-2012 10:22

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points