This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 2:04 PM by geoff garcia RSS

Publisher 6.5, Iframes and broken navigation

Vivekvp Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have a PDF that a client wants posted within a portlet. The do not want a link to it, but it to be opened and portlet-ized.

I tried using an announcement portlet and using the code option inserted:

<p>
     <iframe align="center" height="480" src="http://<servername>/publishedcontent/publish/portlets/administrative_services/as_org_chart/admin_serv_org_chart.pdf?fbr=1327532794140" width="80%"/>
</p>

However, this breaks my portal navigation - I cannot see pages listed at the top.

Anybody have experience with Iframe, Publisher and Portal 10.3.0?

Thanks,

V
  • 1. Re: Publisher 6.5, Iframes and broken navigation
    geoff garcia Oracle ACE
    Vivekvp wrote:
    Anybody have experience with Iframe, Publisher and Portal 10.3.0?
    Works fine here!
    Could you post a screenshot of how it is breaking your nav?
  • 2. Re: Publisher 6.5, Iframes and broken navigation
    Vivekvp Journeyer
    Hey Geoff!

There is no upload option here...and i don't have a public facing site I can use....

Did you use my code (except for server name).

I think part of the issue is my predecessor modified the mainstyle-en.css. And that is the one we still use. Even though we moved to 10.3.0 - we still use this file.
    Would it have something to do with <div> tags?

Thanks (again) for your help!
  • 3. Re: Publisher 6.5, Iframes and broken navigation
    geoff garcia Oracle ACE
    Hey!
    I use photobucket for sharing screenshots, it is pretty easy to use. We've actually been encouraging employees to use that here also for posting images to Collab since it doesn't support uploading of images.

I looked at your code and it looks fine.
    We use iframes in a few places and it causes no problem for us.
    I wouldn't imagine that it would be a mainstyle issue, although you might want to run a diff between that from 10.3.0 and compare it to what you have.
    You are probably missing a ton of stuff although a lot of changes in 10.3 were implemented in 6.5 if you originated your style sheet on that.
    We don't use the out of the box navigation, so it could be a problem inherent to what you get out of the box?
    Wish I could help.
    maybe open a help desk ticket?
    Vivekvp wrote:
    Hey Geoff!

There is no upload option here...and i don't have a public facing site I can use....

Did you use my code (except for server name).

I think part of the issue is my predecessor modified the mainstyle-en.css. And that is the one we still use. Even though we moved to 10.3.0 - we still use this file.
    Would it have something to do with <div> tags?

Thanks (again) for your help!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points