4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 3:43 PM by 915984 RSS

SunFire x4150 Tools and Drivers CD 3.2.0

Hello,

Looking for an ISO of this. Our machines are out of warranty and would be $80,000 to get them back into warranty. I just want to get the latest Tools & Drivers cd so I can update the firmware on these guys... but you have to have an active support contract to download.

I'm not sure why Oracle decided to do this, but our 1.0 cd is way out of date.

Any chance someone could provide me with a link to the ISO? Or am I going to get myself banned? hah

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: SunFire x4150 Tools and Drivers CD 3.2.0
          Pascal Kreyer-Oracle
          Yes, the ISO file is available on MOS, under this reference 10371996. If you want to obtain absolutely this ISO file, then please contact your Oracle account manager.
          • 2. Re: SunFire x4150 Tools and Drivers CD 3.2.0
            rukbat
            Or am I going to get myself banned?
            No. The only people to get into "trouble" in these forums would be those that offer an unofficial bootleg copy of Oracle's intellectual property. It isn't theirs to distribute so a `free` copy would therefore be a `stolen` copy.
            • 3. Re: SunFire x4150 Tools and Drivers CD 3.2.0
              Why does Oracle withhold firmware updates? They didn't when they were Sun, but when Oracle gobbled them up that changed and they restricted updates to support contract holders. It's frustrating because to gain access to the CD through normal channels, we have to re-certify our equipment for $61,000 Then re-warranty our storage for $11,000 and our servers for $31,000... making it a $103,000 set of discs. We paid for the gear, why won't they let us keep it up to date without paying an arm and a leg?

We're in a bind because the firmware version on the x4150 is not allowing ESXi guest OS's to run in 64-bit mode. It's a firmware bug and we need to update the firmware to fix it. Unfortunately the only way to do that is with the CD, and that CD appears to be $103,000. However, I'm checking with my account rep to see if there's a less expensive option than that. hah.
              • 4. Re: SunFire x4150 Tools and Drivers CD 3.2.0
                Can't find the ISO at MOS