5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 2:29 PM by amr.gawish RSS

Multiple file upload

sgodavar
      I need to upload multiple files from my system in ADF application, but "inputFile" component allows only one file. is it possible implement a multiple file upload similar to gmail file attachements?. Any help/pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
      Surya
        • 1. Re: Multiple file upload
          Timo Hahn
          The only thing you can do its to upload the file one after the other using ADF. As far as I know jsf 2.2 draft may introduce a multi file upload.

Timo
          • 2. Re: Multiple file upload
            user615159
            Hi Surya ,

Did you get any solution?
            I also have the similar requirement wherein I need to show progress of each upload as well ( like gmail attachments).

Thanks
            Aradhana
            • 3. Re: Multiple file upload
              hello ,

if u interested to look for a solution why not us and html page to submit the uploaded file and using java servlet

multipl upload

or try the following

muutiple file upload request

regards

Edited by: mohammad.j.b.yaseen on Mar 6, 2012 10:21 AM
              • 4. Re: Multiple file upload
                Hi,

Uploadify (http://www.uploadify.com/) is a JQuery solution for handling multiple file uploads.

Good luck,
                Stijn
                http://webapplicationdeveloper.blogspot.com
                • 5. Re: Multiple file upload
                  amr.gawish
                  I can think of a solution using ADF

One thing you can do is to have a managed bean has List<UploadedFile> files

And you can generate your inputFile to use valueChangeListener and ofcourse don't forget the auto submit to be true, and once you submit a value, you can add it to the uploadedFile "files" list.

The only problem you may have is that when a user try to update an existing uploaded file, I believe this may require tweaking so instead of having List<UploadedFile> you can have a Hashtabl<UIComponent,UploadedFile> to make sure you map things correctly!

I'll try it and let you know the results

Edited by: agawish on Mar 6, 2012 11:28 PM