2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 4:16 PM by Rene Argento RSS

max. no. of retakes for SCJP

I want to know that is there a limit to the number of time I can take the SCJP exam, and what is the minimum applicable duration between two successive attempts.

Thanks & Regards,
      Hari Mishra
        • 1. Re: max. no. of retakes for SCJP
          Hi :) I had your problem but with a search i found this :

Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6/SE 5 Programmer (OCPJP)

SCJP 1.6 ( SCJP 6.0) Certification Exam (CX-310-065) tests the knowledge of programmers in using 6th edition of Java programming language.
          SCJP 1.6 Certification Exam Benefits:
          Achieving this certification provides clear evidence that a programmer understands the basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language and can create Java technology applications that run on server and desktop systems using Java SE 6.
          Demonstrate to your employer, peers & customers that you are proficient in Java Technologies and use industry-respected best practices.
          Improve your knowledge using the process of achieving the certification.
          Enhance your salary, job opportunities and credibility through this respected credential.
          To get officially accredited as a Java professional
          SCJP 1.6 Certification: Who appear in this exam?
          You are into writing Java applications and want to be recognized for your skills.
          You want in-depth knowledge of various concepts of Java Programming Language.
          You do not have too much of an idea about Java Programming Language preparing for this certification will get you a foothold in Java Programming Language.
          In case you are starting a new project for which you have to use Java SE 6, appearing SCJP 1.6 certification will definitely help you update your skills.
          SCJP 1.6 Books: Recommened by Whizlabs:
          SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065 by Katherine Sierra, Bert Bates

"The main resources I used were the book "SCJP 5 Study Guide by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates" which helped a lot in understanding various concepts and Whizlabs mock tests which I found extremely close to the actual exam and really helped me to test the concepts which I have learnt." - Shantanu Kumar (98%)
          SCJP 1.6 Certification Exam Objectives:
          Declarations, Initialization and Scoping
          Flow Control
          API Contents
          OO Concepts
          Collections / Generics
          SCJP 1.5 (5.0) versus SCJP 1.6 (6.0):
          SUN offers SCJP certification exams in two versions SCJP 5 CX-310-055 and SCJP 6 CX-310-065 certification exams. Unless you have a compelling reason like an ongoing project which requires SCJP 5 certified professional it is always good to go for the latest certification that is SCJP 6. This is no difference in the exam structure, however, there is some modification is 3 exam objectives. Following topics difficult level has raised: exception handling, collections, assertions, threads, and flow control. Several new API classes/interfaces have been added: java.io.Console, java.util.NavigableSet, java.util.NavigableMap. Explicit garbage collector calls are removed but still you need to understand garbage collection and the finalize() method.
          SCJP 5 (1Z0-853) or SCJP 1.6 (1Z0-851) Examination details:
          Delivered at: PearsonVue Testing Centers
          Prerequisites: None
          Other exams/assignments required: None
          Exam type: Multiple choice and drag and drop
          Number of questions: 60
          Pass score: 61% (37 of 60 questions)
          Time limit: 150 minutes
          • 2. Re: max. no. of retakes for SCJP
            Rene Argento
            If you fail a exam you need to wait a minimum of 14 days before retaking it.

Look here for more information: http://www.vue.com/oracle/faqs/testtakers.asp