This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 6:15 PM by myjim RSS

SmartView Error: Concurrent requests on the same session are not allowed

myjim Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the following error in SmartView 11.1.2.1.002 / APS 11.1.2.1.002.

When I am performing a retrieval on an Essbase application/database (BSO/ASO), I am getting the following error message:

Concurrent requests on the same session are not alllowed. Wait till the previous request completes processing.

I have noticed that I get this error after processing the request goes longer than 5mins. When I look at the Essbase session in EAS I can see the request still being performed by Essbase but the APS has disconnected me and I have to login again.

I have adjust the registry settings on the client perform the retrieval to increase timeout settings, I have turned compression off and on.

However no luck. I can replicate this error on a stand alone server which puts doubt that it is a network issue. I have also increase the maxstrucktread in the APS weblogic server from 600 to 1200 but with no success.

I am pretty sure I have been able to run a 40min retrieval using the same version of Smart View and APS at another client.

Has anyone seen this error or being able to run a SmartView retrieval with data for over 5mins?

Any help would be great. Issue has been logged with Oracle Support to verify if they can replicate the issue.

Thanks

Jimmy

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points