1 2 3 4 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 12:27 PM by 898236 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
        it's not easy for me.

here is the result of some commands :

------------------------------------------
        [olivier@new-host-3 ~]$ ifconfig -a
        eth0 ...

lo ...

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1E:58:9B:C9:AC
        inet adr:192.168.1.13 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Masque:255.255.255.0
        adr inet6: fe80::21e:58ff:fe9b:c9ac/64 Scope:Lien
        UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
        RX packets:1307 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
        TX packets:1165 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
        collisions:0 lg file transmission:1000
        RX bytes:645544 (630.4 KiB) TX bytes:287635 (280.8 KiB)

[olivier@new-host-3 ~]$ nslookup -sil new-host-3
        Server:          192.168.1.1
        Address:     192.168.1.1#53

Name:     new-host-3.home
        Address: 192.168.1.13

[olivier@new-host-3 ~]$ nslookup -sil lolveley<site at dyndns>.org

** server can't find lolveley.<site at dyndns>.org: NXDOMAIN
        could you help me for this file, /etc/hosts?
        fine! I found how to have text highlighted!
        • 16. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
          oops, I made a mistake.

here is the result of the last command :
          [olivier@new-host-3 ~]$ nslookup -sil lolveley.<site at dyndns>.org

Non-authoritative answer:
          Name:     lolveley.<site at dyndns>.org
          Address: xx.xx.xx.xx
          ... found!
          • 17. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
            I read a new time your messages, and you said : if the IP address is dynamically assigned you can't have a server on your computer.

but it is the goal of dyndns no?
            I mean to have a permanent name (lolveley.<a site>.org) which is always linked to my real , changing, IP address.
            • 18. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
              orafad
              It was more of a point in general, sorry for the confusion.

You are correct that dyndns, with automatic "client" IP updates, will resolve to new IP as it changes. But that doesn't mean that Oracle likes a dynamic IP setup, the listener might throw up as IP changes beneath it.

Really, it depends on your specific setup. But it seems you have a outside/public IP, which you could NAT to your inside/private IP and, possibly with some additional network setup, make it work.

Try and you may succeed! :)

Edit:
              added some clarification and corrections

Edited by: orafad on Feb 1, 2012 12:31 AM

Edited by: orafad on Feb 1, 2012 12:33 AM
              • 19. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                I have a question, maybe basic : what must I put in /etc/hosts?
                192.168.1.13 new-host-3 lolveley.<site at dyndns>.org ?
                in the past, I succeeded in accessing to my computer from dyndns, with a redirection of the port (here 1521) in my livebox.
                • 20. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                  orafad
                  I wouldn't involve the "outside" dyndns name on the internal host "new-host-3".

Gathered from some previous post, I'd put:
                  192.168.1.13     new-host-3.home new-host-3
                  Also make sure that you "reserve" the DHCP assigned address 192.168.1.13 to this machine, assuming it is DHCP (which it commonly is). Your home router should have such configuration option. But now we're getting way out of scope for this forum (i.e. about XE - not linux or networking).

Hint:
                  For posting code and terminal session output and the-likes, use
                  { code } tags around the text - but without the spaces.
                  • 21. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                    For me it's 10 o'clock.

I will be back with my problem not until 18h.

see you soon
                    • 22. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                      back again.

I will try to stop the listeners and to restart them.
                      • 23. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                        I bring some new stuff :

/etc/hosts
                        127.0.0.1 new-host-3.home new-host-3 localhost.localdomain localhost
                        ::1          localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
                        and listeners stop/restart:
                        -bash-4.1$ ./lsnrctl stop

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 01-FEB-2012 18:18:08

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))
                        The command completed successfully
                        -bash-4.1$ ./lsnrctl start

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 01-FEB-2012 18:18:13

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
                        Log messages written to /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/network/log/listener.log
                        Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=new-host-3.home)(PORT=1521)))

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))
                        STATUS of the LISTENER
                        ------------------------
                        Alias LISTENER
                        Version TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
                        Start Date 01-FEB-2012 18:18:13
                        Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 0 sec
                        Trace Level off
                        Security ON: Local OS Authentication
                        SNMP OFF
                        Listener Log File /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/network/log/listener.log
                        Listening Endpoints Summary...
                        (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=new-host-3.home)(PORT=1521)))
                        The listener supports no services
                        The command completed successfully
                        • 24. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                          orafad
                          I suggest that you go back in this thread and re-read my 1st and 5th reply.

Put differently, with current config I suspect you see similar output from netstat command (try: netstat -nap | grep 1521)

tcp 127.0.0.1:1521 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN

But what you want to see is similar to the following, as it seems you want to allow remote connections not only loopback:

tcp 0.0.0.0:1521 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN
                          • 25. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                            hello

I have this:
                            [olivier@new-host-3 ~]$ netstat -nap | grep 1521
                            (Tous les processus ne peuvent être identifiés, les infos sur les processus
                            non possédés ne seront pas affichées, vous devez être root pour les voir toutes.)
                            tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:1521 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
                            tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:50997 127.0.0.1:1521 ESTABLISHED -
                            tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:1521 127.0.0.1:50997 ESTABLISHED -
                            I don't know the difference between listen & established
                            • 26. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                              there's many things I don't understand, and it makes following your advices hard.

for example, I succeeded in "lsnrctl stop" & "lsnrctl start", but back to the server's network/admin directory, there is no listeners.ora file, only the old listeners_old.ora file.

the second thing is that there is a server part(which is understood) and a client part.
                              all the changes I have made concern the server part.true?
                              what is the interest of the client part?it is not enough to have a java file with the oracle driver?

sorry for my basic questions!

olivier

Edited by: lolveley on 1 févr. 2012 11:47

Edited by: lolveley on 1 févr. 2012 11:48

Edited by: lolveley on 1 févr. 2012 11:49

Edited by: lolveley on 1 févr. 2012 11:50
                              • 27. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                                clcarter
                                the difference between listen & established
                                The"tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:1521 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN" line is your listener service using port 1521, the 0.0.0.0 address means "any IP". If you're on DHCP that might be the easiest listener configuration to use, because you can't depend on getting the same IP address every time the host is rebooted.

The issue with DHCP is a dynamic DNS is needed along with DHCP so that the IP address given to the database host is known to other clients, by name. Network connections don't know host names, a connection uses an IP address, hence DNS tells a remote client what IP address to use to connect with the desired hostname.

The other lines show connections to your 127.0.0.1 from 127.0.0.1 as ESTABLISHED, those are network connections to your host from another host.

But 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address. Its not much good for anything except to verify that TCP is installed. You can only access the loopback IP at the local host. Those ESTABLISHED connections are all on the same host.
                                back to the server's network/admin directory, there is no listeners.ora file
                                In ...network/admin/listener.ora not listeners.ora ;)

For using port 1521 that can work, not having a listener.ora file is not a problem. The default listener LISTENER is "configured" automatically.
                                • 28. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                                  well sorry it's a little bit too complicated for me.
                                  but anyway, the result of netstat -nap | grep 1521 is ok, no?

do you know where the problem could come from?

and I have an other question : the client send a request to - says - the SID XE.the tnsnames.ora file of the client is read and the client knows where to send the request (I mean what host, in my case lolveley.<a site from dyndns>.org.

1/ don't you think the issue comes from there = I must configure this file
                                  2/ ... I don't find on my computer the file tnsnames.ora; for the client I mean.Indeed, the directory .../10.2.0/client doesn't contain a directory network/admin.

really I'm stuck.
                                  • 29. Re: how to remotely access to oracle database XE ?
                                    please consider this :

[olivier@new-host-3 bin]$ ./tnsping lolveley.<a site of dyndns>.org
                                    TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 01-FEB-2012 19:20:52

Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:

Used HOSTNAME adapter to resolve the alias
                                    Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=90.26.xxx.xxx)(PORT=1521)))
                                    TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
                                    so the issue may come from the listener and not from tnsnames.ora, right?
                                    tell me I understood something!