3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 7:54 PM by Udo

listenerAdmin not working in WebLogic

I seem to be having the same issue that folks are having within the Glassfish server. I've configured the APEX listener on WebLogic 11g (10.3.5). Followed the instructions to create the adminlistener and managerlistener and their respective groups: Admin and Manager and assigned the users apppropriately (followed the installation instructions). I've used listenerConfig to configure the listener but when trying to access listenerAdmin URL I get the dreaded 403 error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack
        • 1. Re: listenerAdmin not working in WebLogic
          Udo
          Hi Jack,

could you post some additional information of what exactly you did and which version of APEX Listener you use?
          And did you try to reset your browsers authentication cache? As I've learned when investigating similar problems (also discussed here) both listenerStatus and listenerAdmin use the same realm for basic authentication ("APEX"). If your browser stores your authentication information for one of these realms (which it usually does) and you try to enter the other part, it resends these information, which can lead to a 403 (as discussed in Link http://localhost:8080/apex/listenerConfigure not working).
          Possibly this caching is even instance-independent (as the realm doesn't include any host/instance/... information), so if you've entered different credentials for another instance, this could be an explanation as well. Could you try to erase any entry concerning APEX Listener from your browser cache? Or try a different browser you ususally don't use, perhaps even a portable version of Firefox or something like that, where you can be sure you have a fresh start and can safely abandon everything once you've done?
          The latter case would only be relevant if you aren't even asked before you get the 403. So the question is: Can you enter the credentials at all, or do you get the 403 right away?
          Another possibility: Did you try with a simple password (without any special character)? And did you restart your WLS after adding those users? Possibly these changes aren't effective immediately.

-Udo
          • 2. Re: listenerAdmin not working in WebLogic
            Thanks for the quick reply Udo. From the looks of it, you must live in this forum.

I resolved my problem. The documentation says to create roles called Admin and Manager but when I looked into the web.xml file to verify that I was typing things in correctly, it says that the two roles are ApexAdmin and ApexManager. :(

I made the adjustment in the console and voila, it worked. By the way, I'm using Apex Listener version 1.1.3.243.11.40
            • 3. Re: listenerAdmin not working in WebLogic
              Udo
              Hello,
              From the looks of it, you must live in this forum.
              Well, it's more like there's not very much other users are watching it...
              I resolved my problem. The documentation says to create roles called Admin and Manager but when I looked into the web.xml file to verify that I was typing things in correctly, it says that the two roles are ApexAdmin and ApexManager. :(
              That's strange. Where did you get the file from? It's definetly not the original web.xml. The one you get from OTN download actually fits to the documentation. I just did a download and re-checked that everything's still as it should be...
              I made the adjustment in the console and voila, it worked.
              Great to hear that, anyway! ;)

Have fun using APEX Listener!

-Udo

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered and any helpful or correct answer accordingly, so other users searching the forum for a similar problem can spot relevant posts easily. Thanks!