1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 7:29 PM by safarmer Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: what about ISO/IEC-7816 file structure, Is this concept is not in jcard.
        Umer
        Hi,

I think you should start new threads each for one question. It will help others also to get info and guidence and it is also good for you as more expert will look into them and will answer you.

Regards
        • 16. Re: what about ISO/IEC-7816 file structure, Is this concept is not in jcard.
          rohit007
          Umer wrote:
          Hi,

I think you should start new threads each for one question. It will help others also to get info and guidence and it is also good for you as more expert will look into them and will answer you.

Regards
          ok umer , this is best idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          • 17. Re: what about ISO/IEC-7816 file structure, Is this concept is not in jcard.
            safarmer
            QUESTION -1
            As I know about architecture of any application is -
            //normal java software                          java card                                  java card
            //  1                                               2                                      3
            1-            application program                        host application                           host application
            2-                     JVM                                   Applets                                       Applets 
            3-              operating system                JCRE(which contain all classes, JVM ....)                 JCRE(act as a O.S too)
            4                    hardware                              Operating system                                 H/W
            5                                                                        hardware
            What do u think- case 2 is right? or 3 is!!!!!!!!!!!
            I think - case 3 is right!!!!
            As i study from several sources , JCRE is complete package - it behaves as a operation system and use the functionality of component it contain. I also think if i will purchase a java card from any vendor , it would have JCRE inside it (means everthing inside it,), i only need to develop the applet according to my requirement and install it by on card installer program
            That is up to the JCRE implementor. You could in theory get a card with a native OS and implement your own JCVM in C/ASM. Any java card you purchase will have a JCRE that will allow you to install and run your applets. There is enough ambiguity in the specs though that different cards behave differently.
            QUESTION 2- what is the advantage of java card.?
            // I think.
            as i read out , i got the line that it is platform independent and support multiple application. applicaton point of
            view , I am agree but how it is platfrom independent. if we use java card for smart card development, then 
            i will purchase Java card from differnt vendor , all will provide me card with supported jcre inside it, so why
            this is advantage here?
            // in case of window based application , it really make sense  because if i will make any window application with java
            // i can run it in windows , linux , unix and most of os flavours, here i can see the beauty of java language.
            Clear me this and add some other java card advantages, which make java card good
            The advantage is you can code in Java and not ASM. You also have portability between cards. If you had to code in C and assembly it would be a nightmare to port to new hardware. Since JC give an abstraction from the hardware you don't have these problems.
            question 3-

Now I am capaple to make simple applets, so I want to check the entire java card process atleast once before
            going in deep of something, I am thinking to implement prepaid card concept , i made it applet for it ,it will
            contain a page with 2 text box ( 1- for recharge 2- for money deduction ) and two button , with button click i
            want to select the applet and want to pass the apdu.
            ( a) how i can make host window application ? (i think awt will work for me? , *
            i never make any java window application yet) *
            AWT/Swing will work. You can use any technology that supports communicating with a card.
            ( b) still i dont have any java card , i want to make it by using simulator, is it possible?
            Yes it is. You can use CREF that comes with the JCDK to do this. You will need to use the appropriate client API to communicate with the simulator though from your host application.
            (c) in this scenario what framework i need to study Ex. Import javacard.framework.* for making
            applet or from where i need to start.
            I am sure by now you have made a start on this. The best place to start is looking at the samples that come with the JCDK.

Cheers,
            Shane
            1 2 Previous Next