This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 9:53 AM by 606758 RSS

Not able to power on: Sun blade 1000

606758 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I saw certain I/O error with one HD, then opened the box, pulled out disks and re-insert them back. I've done all these with power off. And then the box never could power on. When I press down the power button, nothing happens, just as if the power cable is not connected.
  • 1. Re: Not able to power on: Sun blade 1000
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    If I recall correctly, that chassis has a power interlock switch as part of its design.
    When the left side panel is properly in place, that interlock allows power to pass through the system.

If the interlock is NOT engaged (it is a simple normally-open spring loaded switch) then the chassis will not power up when you press the front button.

The side panel needs to be installed properly.
  • 2. Re: Not able to power on: Sun blade 1000
    bigdelboy Pro
    johniii wrote:
    I saw certain I/O error with one HD, then opened the box, pulled out disks and re-insert them back. I've done all these with power off. And then the box never could power on. When I press down the power button, nothing happens, just as if the power cable is not connected.
    I agree with rubkat, the power interlock swich is a common culprit.

From my recall its about 2/3rds of the way up of the side panel on the edge facing the front.

Also beware of the switch being pushed back off its mountings back into the box.
  • 3. Re: Not able to power on: Sun blade 1000
    606758 Newbie
    Your answer resolved my issue! My box powers up when I close the side panel.

thank you!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points