6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 12:48 AM by 531870 RSS

Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors

Hi!

Oracle Forms application (10g) will not work good on 30 inch monitors. (Running NATIVE, suns javaengine)
      Most of our customers is running on 24 inch monitors with no problems.

Has anyone had the same problem? Solution?

Regards
      Tobias
        • 1. Re: Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors
          Fran├žois Degrelle
          Hello,

Not sure, but the clientDPI formsweb.cfg's tag could be a search starting point.

Francois
          • 2. Re: Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors
            Michael Ferrante-Oracle
            Very unclear.

Exactly what Forms version are you using?
            Exactly what JRE version are you using?
            Exactly which browser and version are you using?
            If you are not using the latest supported version of any of the above, try it.
            What do you mean "does not work"?
            Are there error messages?
            Does the form run, but not look correct? If it doesn't look correct, what is wrong with it?

In the event you are using Forms 10.1.2.x, here is the Certification Matrix for the client side:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/as-certification-r2-101202-095871.html#BABGCBHA

Also note that the latest and last patched version for 10.1.2.x is 10.1.2.3. I highly recommend that you patch to this version if not already, as there were known issues with large and dual monitors in prior releases. Patches are available only to Oracle customers with current MyOracleSupport accounts.
            • 3. Re: Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors
              Sorry!
              Exactly what Forms version are you using? 10.1.2.0.2
              Exactly what JRE version are you using? 1.6.0_30
              Exactly which browser and version are you using? IE "9.0.8112.16421", firefox "10.0"
              What do you mean "does not work"? It looks like the screen will not update correct. For example, the statusbar can shows in three diffrent positions on the screen.
              Are there error messages? No error messages The form will run but not look correct.
              • 4. Re: Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors
                Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                As I mentioned, you need to install the 10.1.2.3 patch set. Additionally, you can find over 110 more Forms fixes in Patch ID 9593176. This patch requires that 10.1.2.3 be installed first.

One last comment, IE 9 and FF 10 are not supported for use with Forms 10.1.2.x. Also, JRE 1,6,0_30 is not certified for use with Forms 10.1.2.0. Version 10.1.2.3 would be required in this case. I am not suggesting that your configuration won't work, but rather because it was not certified by Oracle there is a possibility that it will not work correctly in some instances. Because those browsers were never certified, it would be up to you to prove that the same problem reproduces in a certified configuration if you expected Oracle Support to assist. That said, Forms/Reports 10.1.2.x is no longer entitled to Error Correction Support, so I guess it really doesn't matter what configuration you use as for the most part you are on your own.

The current Forms/Reports version is 11.1.2.0
                • 5. Re: Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors
                  Thank's for all answers.

I will suggest the customer to install the patch set and hope that solves the problem.
                  Can take some time to plan this because it is a production environment.
                  I will come back with the result.

Regards
                  Tobias
                  • 6. Re: Running Oracle Forms 10g on 30 inch monitors
                    Hi!

Problem solved, it's working with applying the patch.

Regards
                    Tobias