1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 9:07 PM by Brian.Dueck-Oracle

Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?

Hi All,
      Can anyone let me know where can i get the OSM Provisioning Administrator Component from? I have been googling for it and wasnt able to find the required stuff.. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
      Hariharan
        • 1. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
          Deepdey-Oracle
          Hi Hariharan,

I am assuming you are talking about OSM admin tool. What version of OSM are you using? From 7.0.x onwards we ship (and use) Design Studio as the design time environment; however, a stripped down version of Admin tool get's installed along with OSM installation and it is only used for certain activities - assign user to the role etc.

Thanks,
          Deep
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
            Hi Deep,
            Thanks for ur response first up.. Yeah i have been using Design Studio as the Design/Service Creation Environment. However, I ll be needing the OSM Administrator Tool for the same purpose which u had touched upon - assign user to the Role defined in the Design Studio. And after posting this thread on the forum, i had taken some more efforts to find the OSM Admin Tool and Downloaded it finally. But unable to connect to the OSM Server, which i had connected to during my deployment from the Design Studio. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Will the Credentials (Username,Password,Host,Server/Port) differ from the one i used for the Deployment of Cartridges from the Design Studio? Kindly help on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            Hariharan
            • 3. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
              Hi Hariharan

For username You have to use default OMS administrator user, but probably you are missing Oracle Database Client on you system. Try to install that and try again.

best regards
              Tomac
              • 4. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                Hi Tomac,

Thanks for your response. Yeah i did not install the Oracle DB Client. I did a Custom Installation where i removed all the components and selected only the OSM Administrator to be installed. As per your suggestion, I started installing the whole package, but its again asking for DB Connection Information that includes Host, Port, Database Service Name and DB Instance ID. Its not accepting the similar credentials that i had given previously in the Design Studio during the Cartridge Deployment. Kindly help me with these credentials/information to be entered in here in this page. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                Hariharan
                • 5. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                  Hi Hariharan

I used stand-alone installation of Oracle Database Client (11g release 2), and it didn't asked for credentials....
                  Also, did you followed prerequisites for using f OSM Administrator tool from documentation?
                  ...editing omscfg.xml, running applications and so on?

Is there some error which appears when you try to log on?

best regards
                  Tomac
                  • 6. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                    Hi Tomac,
                    I downloaded a pack from EDelivery and tried to install from it. It said Database Schema Installation and Database Utilities. I did install both of them and tried to login to the OSM Administrator.I get 2 errors :

1. Unable to connect. Please check the Server and Port.
                    2. Provider cant be found. It may not be properly installed.

Regards,
                    Hariharan
                    • 7. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                      Hi Harihan

Again, did you follow documentation about OSM Administrator?
                      If not, check first if you done all these things (c/p from docu):

The Oracle Web Client is installed on the same machine as the OSM Administrator.
                      Oracle WebLogic Server is running.
                      You know the host and server/port for the server instance of OSM server that you are configuring.
                      The omscfg.xml file lists the available OSM servers that the OSM Administrator can connect to. This file is located in the OSM_Home/bin directory, where OSM_Home is the directory in which the OSM software is installed. You can edit this file to add a server to the list.

The omscfg.xml file contains the following elements:
                      <Server>
                      <Alias>LocalHost</Alias>
                      <Address>WebServerAddress</Address>
                      <Port>PortNumber</Port>
                      <ContextRoot>BaseURL</ContextRoot>
                      <SSL></SSL>
                      </Server>

The <Alias> element should contain the host name.
                      The <Address> element should contain the IP address.
                      The <Port> element is the port number that is configured in WebLogic domain to accept inbound connections.
                      The <ContextRoot> element indicates the base URL. For example, in
                      http://myserver:7001/oms
                      oms is the context root. The default is oms.
                      If you are using an SSL connection with a specific server, edit the omscfg.xml file and add an <SSL> element for that server.

+ add ip adress of OSM server in your local hosts file --> \WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts:

br
                      Tomac
                      • 8. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                        Hi Tomac,

I have that document. But I dont get where will that omscfg.xml file be? On my desktop or on the server?

I found a omscfg.xml file in my desktop OMS_HOME/bin folder? When tried to modify that file, it already had a few values so I was confused as to whether i should delete all those values and enter my OSM Server's credentials or retain those values. And about installing the Oracle Weblogic Server, is it the one on the Server or should I have one in my local desktop as well? And I have added my IP Address in that Hosts file under system32/drivers directory. I have also installed a Database Schema & Utilities that came along with the Media Pack i had downloaded from the EDelivery previously. I dint install a Stand-Alone Oracle DB 11g like u did. Will that be a problem as well? Kindly elaborate on these so that this thread will be helpful to everyone in the future as well. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                        Hariharan

Edited by: 901918 on Feb 8, 2012 6:19 AM
                        • 9. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                          Hi Hariharan

omscfg.xml is you local file, you can leave existing inputs and add new one as described in manual. After that when you start OSM administrator alias name will apear in dropdown box and automatically it will pick-up ip adress of you OSM server from that config file.
                          In hosts file it should be ip adress of you osm server, not you local ip.
                          That should resolve first error:"1. Unable to connect. Please check the Server and Port"

Database Schema & Utilities are not part which is problematic in my opinion.
                          "2. Provider cant be found. It may not be properly installed" - this problem is in my opinion with local database connection drivers and I solved that with installing Oracle Database Client (11g release 2 (Mediapack)), not all, just "client installation"

best regards
                          Tihomir
                          • 10. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                            Daniel Ho-Oracle
                            Hi Hariharan,

On the provider issue, yes, you will need Oracle DB client. Get it from edelivery.oracle.com -- search from Product Pack "Oracle Database", and select Oracle Database 11g Release 2, and within this media pack, find and download the Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Client. When you install, you will have a few options on installation type (InstantClient, Administrator, Runtime) -- choose Runtime, as InstantClient does not have the libraries that OSM admin tool is looking for.

Another way that has been shown to work is to install ODAC which will give you the necessary dlls as well.

Sincerely,
                            Daniel Ho
                            Product Management -- OSM
                            • 11. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                              Hi Tihomir/Daniel,

Thanks for your patient responses on my queries. Will try all these stuffs and connect to the OSM Server via OSM Administrator Client installed on my system. Will get back if I face anymore issue on this regard. Now, I am looking for more information on how to develop Automation Plug-ins. If I need to Automate a Task in a Process, Should I develop a Automation Plug-in from the Scratch or there are Plug-ins already available from which i can just extend mine? And if I will have to develop Automation Plug-ins from the scratch, should I start learning XSLT/XQuery from the scratch as well?? Any Student/User guides, Manuals on this regard will be very helpful to me as I am wanted to develop Automation Plug-ins for various Automated Tasks and for various requirements. Kindly help on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                              Hariharan
                              • 12. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                                Daniel Ho-Oracle
                                Hi Hariharan,

For automation plug-ins, you can start from learning from a sample, say, from O2A cartridges. There is a chapter, "Using Automation" in OSM Developer's Guide, that you should definitely consult.

As for the more syntactical help on XQuery, you can try some tutorials from w3c: http://www.w3schools.com/xquery/default.asp

Sincerely,
                                Daniel Ho
                                Product Management -- OSM
                                • 13. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                                  Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response. Will surely go through the link provided.

Regards,
                                  Hariharan
                                  • 14. Re: Where do i get OSM Provisioning Administrator Component?
                                    Hi Daniel,

Despite having installed the Oracle Database 11g Client in my system as you suggested, the OSM Admininstrator doesnt Work yet.. Is there anythng else that i am missing out? I dunno. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                                    Hariharan
                                    1 2 Previous Next