3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 2:27 AM by RajeshSelvaraj RSS

Change Assistant dependent libraries

Honza
      Hello,

i am attempting a PeopleTools-only upgrade on a Demo database, but when trying to create a new environment in Change Assistant I get the following java exception:
      com.peoplesoft.pt.changeassistant.logging.Logger handleException WARNING: Exception 
      java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError caught in 
      java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load() E:\psoft\hdemo91\bin\client\winx86\psjca.dll: Can't find dependent libraries 
      java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: E:\psoft\hdemo91\bin\client\winx86\psjca.dll: Can't find dependent libraries at 
      It's on Windows Server 2008 64bit, PeopleTools 8.52.05 installed in the PS_HOME (which is E:\psoft\hdemo91). Change Assistant version is up to .05 as well.
      Both PS_HOME\bin\client\winx86 and Both PS_HOME\bin\server\winx86 are set in the PATH environment variable.
      Can this be a 64bit library issue? Do I need to download and install 32bit PeopleTools? Is there even a difference?

Please share your thoughts.
      Best regards.
        • 1. Re: Change Assistant dependent libraries
          HakanBiroglu
          Since your are working on Windows Server, I'm guessing you probably have User Access Control turned on.
          This prevents you or an application from accessing directories and executing programs.

If possible try turning UAC off and restarting the server to enable the change or start Change Assistant As Administror (using the right mouse button).

I think this should solve your issue.
          • 2. Re: Change Assistant dependent libraries
            Honza
            Yes that makes absolute sense, however it did not work.
            Strangely, and I hope just a little bit that it was only a crazy coincidence of some sort, what resolved the issue was editing the PATH environment variable. Which in itself is not surprising, what was curious was that the the PS_HOME\bin\client\winx86 directory had to be at the very beginning, before the first separator. When I reordered the PATH locations, Change Assistant miraculously started working :-)

When I get a chance I plan to do a bit more testing with this and try to report back.
            • 3. Re: Change Assistant dependent libraries
              RajeshSelvaraj
              That resolved my issue too.

Thanks much for your post

-Sarathy Kandaswami