1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 3:01 PM by Deborahcrm-Oracle RSS

How to Flag Customer to Stop Quote Creation

JasonBatzlaff
      Suppose I have a customer that I have been doing business with for some and they currently have open orders that need to ship and invoice. We also have payements outstanding that we need to receive from the customer.

For specific reasons, we no longer want to allow future ORDERS and QUOTES for that customer. What are the best methods for stopping the creation of Quotes and Orders for this specific customer?

On the OM-side, it seems like the "Credit Hold" flag on the customer would be useful. On the ASO Quoting side, the Credit Check is not performed until the order is submitted. Any other good ideas on how to handle this scenario -- especially as it relates to holding the creation of Quotes?

Thanks,
      Jason
        • 1. Re: How to Flag Customer to Stop Quote Creation
          Deborahcrm-Oracle
          Hi Jason,

Possible options:

You could setup Quote Status that would require Approval before it can be transitioned to an order.
          Or use Quoting Hook for Credit Check, ASO_CREDIT_CHECK_PUB (asopqccb.pls)

R12: Oracle® Quoting Implementation Guide Release 12.1 (Part No. E13462-04)
          Chapter 4 Implementation Tasks for Oracle Quoting, page 4-3

See detail on Quoting Hook for ASO_CREDIT_CHECK_PUB (asopqccb.pls)
          page 4-29 Setting Up Credit Check Functionality

11i: Oracle® Quoting Implementation Guide Release 11i (Part No. B12388-02)
          Chapter 4 Oracle Quoting Implementation Guide, page 4-2

See details on Quoting Hook for ASO_CREDIT_CHECK_PUB (asopqccb.pls)
          page 4-42 Setting Up Credit Check Functionality

Thank You,
          Deborah Bourgeois, Oracle Customer Support