4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 3:34 AM by 3sth3r_m RSS

Browser Time Out

ian.garbutt
      Can anybody tell what the config change is to disable session time outs?

Thanks in advance

Ian
        • 1. Re: Browser Time Out
          Can anyone answer this question?

I'm working through tons of WMI issues and the darn GUI times out so I have to log back in and navigate to the spot I was just in....

VV
          • 2. Re: Browser Time Out
            Check out the Oracle® Enterprise Manager Ops Center Security Guide under "Protect Session Data" .

You need to modify /var/opt/sun/xvm/bui/webapps/emoc/WEB-INF/web.xml

<filter>
            <filter-name>AuthenticationFilter</filter-name>
            <filter-class>com.sun.xvm.ui.@PACKAGE@.auth.AuthenticationFilter</filte
            r-class>
            <!-- normal and config flow session idle timeouts, in minutes -->
            <init-param>
            <param-name>session-timeout</param-name>
            <param-value>30</param-value>
            </init-param>

Although the guide says about using a smaller value increasing it works as well =)
            • 3. Re: Browser Time Out
              We found that session timeout value will prevent an auto logout (you don't get dumped to the login screen after X time) if its extended, but if you don't pull data (I usually do a shift-reload) before trying some actions, you can sometimes still be logged out. For some reason shift-reload resets its idea of your activity timer without forcing another login.
              • 4. Re: Browser Time Out
                3sth3r_m
                how about loading a plugin for your browser on your local machine that does an auto refresh (shift-reload/F5) every few minutes.?