This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 1:45 AM by 875258 RSS

Logon in TOAD as SYSDBA only

RemcoGoris Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have searched the forum for entries for this problem, but haven't found the answer.
I try to logon to XE 11g
sqlplus remco@xe

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Beta on Thu Feb 9 17:20:47 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Beta

SQL>
Then when I try logging on in TOAD (same user, same password, same database) I can only connect as SYSDBA. When I set the "Connect as" dropdown to 'Normal', I get the message that username/password is incorrect: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

I thought I had found the problem, because Toad uses a different tnsnames.ora than the SQL*Plus session I use. But even after synchronizing the tnsnames entries in both files, the same error occurs when trying to connect with Toad.

Anyone? Could the explanation be that Toad use a 9i client and a 9i oracle_home, whereas with SQL*Plus I set the oracle_home to the XE 11g home?
Thanks in advance!
Remco
  • 1. Re: Logon in TOAD as SYSDBA only
    jgarry Guru
    A toad forum would likely give a better answer. But anyways, have you tried with the 9i sqlplus? There is a compatibility matrix on MOS Client / Server / Interoperability Support Between Different Oracle Versions [ID 207303.1] which says to go from 9i to 11g you must be on 9.2.0.4 or later. Anything below that not supported.

Edit: Also, 11 has case sensitive passwords, maybe toad is sending all uppercase or the converse.
    Edit2: invalid username/password

Edited by: jgarry on Feb 9, 2012 10:18 AM

Edited by: jgarry on Feb 9, 2012 10:20 AM
  • 2. Re: Logon in TOAD as SYSDBA only
    orafad Oracle ACE
    RemcoGoris wrote:
    the message that username/password is incorrect: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.
    toadworld.com

But I think I recall that Toad (older versions) has some password "feature" that does not work well with case sensitivity in passwords introduced in current release.

Search at toadworld or get a current toad.
  • 3. Re: Logon in TOAD as SYSDBA only
    RemcoGoris Newbie
    Thanks guys! Iĺl check the toad forums. If I find the answer, I will post it here.
  • 4. Toad exports query result as UPDATE stmt or export the update stmt
    875258 Newbie
    Hi,

Can any one advise me how to export the Update statement from toad or any other tool.(Here having a big number of record that have export from instance and run as a script in the another instance so that the all records will update at once)

Example:

In toad, we can export the insert statement from export data option.
    similarly can we export the update query from toad or any other tool or have any procedure that generates the update statement.
    Thanks a lot,
    Sree

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points