7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 4:00 AM by Nishith Nayan RSS

OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade

Hi All
      We are on OIM 9102 bp14 and are planning to upgrade to 11.1.1.5 and would appreciate if someone can provide feedback on the upgrade process covering the following:
      1. What is the complexity of upgrade process?
      2. Does all the approval workflows gets converted into SOA composites successfully?

Appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks

PS: I have gone through the documentation on upgrade process.
        • 1. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
          Nishith Nayan
          You can use the upgrade assistant.

I have worked on it and this works fine. Only issue I noticed is an eventhandler. You have to do manually for it rest Access policy, Provisioning work flow, Approval work flow, scheduled task ..etc. are working fine.

follow below step.

1. take a backup of 9102 OIM DB
          2. upgrade existing 9102 OIMDB schema for 11g(
          3. create other schema DEV_MDS, DEV_SOAINFRA..etc. using RCU.
          4. If the existing one on weblogic then no need to install else you can install weblogic
          4. install OIM11g using oim 11g installer
          5. install SOA
          6. configure design console
          7 . run your upgrade assistant
          • 2. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
            Gyanprakash Pandey
            Hi,

I have upgraded my project from 9102 to OIM 11g. Here are some pointer which might help you during upgrade.

1. What is the complexity of upgrade process?
            You can follow through the steps given in document. You'll face problem while restarting your server. You would require to open enterprise manager http://weblogicusr:port/em and right click on domain, goto security->credentials, expand oim, add .xldatabasekey and its credentials.

Keep backup of your old .xldatabasekey, as you have to put it under <DOMAIN_HOME>/fmwconfig/config directory. Otherwise you'll not be able to login into database.

This process doesn't increase size of fields in usr tables. you may require to increase its size (atleast for usr_password to 200). It upgrades all components except eventhandlers and custom schedule tasks. You would require workarounds to make them work. OIM API may still be a issue, as many of them have been deprecated.

2. Does all the approval workflows gets converted into SOA composites successfully?
            Yes, it converted in my case. I tested 3 level approvals as well. They are working fine.

I hope this helps.

regards,
            GP
            • 3. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
              Nishith Nayan
              Must remember this

before upgrade goto-><DOMAIN_HOME>/fmwconfig/config directory and backup *.xldatabasekey*

Once upgrade finished login enterprise manager using url "http://weblogicusr:port/em" and right click on domain
              then goto->security->credentials, expand oim and add .xldatabasekey here

Otherwise you were not able to login oim.
              • 4. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
                Hi,

I have deployed the 9.1.0.2 on Jboss
                but i need to migrate OIM 9.1.0.2 to 11.1.1.5 which has weblogic
                so need your help in this

Regards
                Srikanth
                • 5. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
                  Don Moen
                  Where to get the Upgrade Assistant ?
                  • 6. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
                    kunwar.nitesh
                    Hi,

Upgrade assistance is no more available on oracle site. They might be coming with new version of upgrade assistance soon.

Regards
                    Nitesh
                    • 7. Re: OIM 9102 to 11g upgrade
                      Nishith Nayan
                      you can find at below location
                      MW_HOME/Oracle_IDM1/bin/ua.sh

below link will help you for detail steps
                      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/upgrade.1111/e10129/upgrade_oim.htm#CACGDIEJ

--nayan