2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 4:45 AM by 852782

Import Dimension Description

Hi,

I was wondering how to import/fill the description for other dimension except Account. For Account Description we can specify it with Import Group, but for other dimension I don't know how.
      The purpose is to help user map when there is Undefined dimension value at Validate process, I can see the description for Account dimension but fail in trying to populate the description for other dimension (such as: Entity, ICP, UD1, UD2, etc).

Is there anyway to import/fill/populate description for other dimension?

Thanks-
        • 1. Re: Import Dimension Description
          SH_INT
          There are only 2 description fields that you can populate in your FDM application so you will not have the option to populate a description for every dimension. You do have 14 attribute dimensions you could use but as mentioned in a recent post these are limited to 20 characters so may not be much use for holding descriptions.

Edited by: SH on Feb 10, 2012 1:51 PM
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Import Dimension Description
            SH wrote:
            There are only 2 description fields that you can populate in your FDM application so you will not have the option to populate a description for every dimension. You do have 14 attribute dimensions you could use but as mentioned in a recent post these are limited to 20 characters so may not be much use for holding descriptions.

Edited by: SH on Feb 10, 2012 1:51 PM
            I see. I was attempting to put Account description into other dimension to help the user when fixing mapping, it's easier to read the account description then the account no. The attributes doesn't really help much because we cannot show it at the Fix mapping process.

Thanks for the reply :)