This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 8:08 PM by Eogan RSS

Need to edit text in "Basic Transaction Button Bar " button

User353534 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have a requirement to change "Preview Configuration" button text to custom text in "*Basic Transaction Button Bar* " Template. Is there any way we can achieve this? if yes, please let me know how can i open this template.

Thank you
vijay
  • 1. Re: Need to edit text in "Basic Transaction Button Bar " button
    Eogan Explorer
    Vijay --

You cannot modify a seeded Content Template. You must instead make a copy of it, modify it, and use the copy in your UI.

In the Configurator Developer Repository, navigate to UI Templates -> Content Templates -> Button Bar Templates, and make a copy of the Basic Transaction Button Bar template. (You may leave your copy in the Button Bar Templates folder if you wish, or create it in any other folder of your choosing.) Open the new template for editing, and edit the Preview Configuration Button, changing its Caption Source (and perhaps its Rollover Text Source as well) to the new text you want to appear on the button.

Once you've modified your new template to your liking, edit the root node of the UI you wish to use it in, and in the Utility Templates section of the UI's definition, choose your new template for the Basic Transaction template.

Hope this helps!

Eogan
  • 2. Re: Need to edit text in "Basic Transaction Button Bar " button
    User353534 Newbie
    Hi Eogan,
    Thank you so much for the direction. i am able to take back up and edit the button text and added the custom template to button bar template. I have republished the model. Now i am able see my new text if i Test the model in Configurator Developer but still i am not able to see my new Text from my iStore application. Is there anything else i may be missing?.

Thank you
    Eogan

Edited by: 894280 on Feb 13, 2012 9:24 AM
  • 3. Re: Need to edit text in "Basic Transaction Button Bar " button
    Eogan Explorer
    Vijay --

You did not mention whether you edited the root node of your UI to refer to your new Basic Transaction template. This is only something you'll be able to do if you're on R12.1, however.

For any release earlier than that, it is not so simple. You'll have to modify your Master Template to refer to your new Basic Transaction template, create a new UI using the Master Template, and copy the content from your old UI's Pages into the new UI.

Eogan
  • 4. Re: Need to edit text in "Basic Transaction Button Bar " button
    User353534 Newbie
    Yes Eogan,
    I have edited the Root node of the Button Bar template to reflect my new Text. Now i have published my edited model and able to see my new text on buttons.

Thanks again.
  • 5. Re: Need to edit text in "Basic Transaction Button Bar " button
    Eogan Explorer
    Vijay --

No problem, happy to help. Glad to hear it worked out.

Eogan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points