7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 4:24 PM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Receipt Close point

Mahendra
      Hi,

Can someone help the purpose of receipt close point options in purchasing options..
      I see Accepted..received and delivered..

Is accepted means after inspection paseed and received via direct or standard method...guessing not sure though

what changes will take place if i select any of those

Thanks
      Mahendra
        • 1. Re: Receipt Close point
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          Receipt close point dictates when the PO shipment line status becomes CLOSED FOR RECEIVING.
          Typically it is set to RECEIVING. This means as soon as you perform the receipt (the first step in the receiving process ), the PO shows as received.
          Accepted means when the receipt passes thru' quality inspection (if you perform quality inspections)
          Delivered means when you perform the Put away transaction.

If you use single step receiving, then the selection won't matter. The PO shipment will show received as soon as you perform the Receipt.

Hope this helps,
          Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: Receipt Close point
            Mahendra
            Sandeep Gandhi, Independent Consultant wrote:
            Receipt close point dictates when the PO shipment line status becomes CLOSED FOR RECEIVING.
            Typically it is set to RECEIVING. This means as soon as you perform the receipt (the first step in the receiving process ), the PO shows as received.
            Accepted means when the receipt passes thru' quality inspection (if you perform quality inspections)
            Delivered means when you perform the Put away transaction.

If you use single step receiving, then the selection won't matter. The PO shipment will show received as soon as you perform the Receipt.

Hope this helps,
            Sandeep Gandhi
            Thanks sandeep

we have that set to receiving and receipt close tolerance is at 5%...
            we have a PO for 20 quantities..and 19 qunatities has been received..so it is within tolerance..(with standard receipt routing) but still the i don't see any status in shipments...I think it should be in closed for receiving right..

Please also share what is put away trasaction..means when the item is received they have been sent for a WIP jobs??

Thanks
            Mahendra
            • 3. Re: Receipt Close point
              Is the receiving transaction manager running?
              Do you see received quantity =19 on the PO shipment?

Put away tranasaction is the 2nd step in standard receipt. This is the transaction that takes material from the receiving area and puts it on the warehouse shelves/shopfloor.

Hope this helps,
              Sandeep Gandhi
              • 4. Re: Receipt Close point
                Mahendra
                Is the receiving transaction manager running?
                Do you see received quantity =19 on the PO shipment?

Put away tranasaction is the 2nd step in standard receipt. This is the transaction that takes material from the receiving area and puts it on the warehouse shelves/shopfloor.

Hope this helps,
                Sandeep Gandhi
                yes sandeep..i can see 19 received in shipment status tab in PO..we did a direct receiving..will this make any difference ??

Thanks
                Mahendra
                • 5. Re: Receipt Close point
                  A Direct receipt won't make any difference here.

Do you have a different receipt close tolerance at the item level or on the PO?

Hope this helps,
                  Sandeep Gandhi
                  • 6. Re: Receipt Close point
                    Mahendra
                    A Direct receipt won't make any difference here.

Do you have a different receipt close tolerance at the item level or on the PO?

Hope this helps,
                    Sandeep Gandhi

Do we need to define this receiving area as one of the subinventory in inv org also??

I re tried it..and it is working as excepted..also i did try for direct receipt routing..
                    I have one more question...you said if at all any receipt routing is defined at item level...will they take precedence..or will purchasing options will be considered??

Thanks Much
                    Mahendra

Edited by: 843237 on Feb 17, 2012 2:51 PM
                    • 7. Re: Receipt Close point
                      1) There is no need to define Receiving area as a subinventory.
                      2) Item level routing takes precedence over purchasing options.

Hope this helps,
                      Sandeep Gandhi