This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 7:36 AM by user2047937 RSS

Issue in Customizing the Logon Page and Replacing the Logon Panel Image

896346 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have facing problem in Customizing the Logon Page and Replacing the Logon Panel Image in Hyperion Workspace 11.1.2.1. I have tried multiple time.

First Replacing the Logon Panel Image. I have following the steps given in admin guide of EPM workspace on page 25 and they are as follow

To replace the image that is displayed on the logon panel:
1 Create an image file named logon_panel.gif with dimensions that match previous image.
2 Rename the installed version of logon_panel.gif to logon_panel.gif.original in
%EPM_ORACLE_HOME% /common/epmstatic/bpmui/themes/<do for each
theme>/images_global. Move the logon_panel.gif file that you created in step 1 to this
directory.
3 Clear your browser cache.
Note: You do not need to restart the Hyperion Foundation Services - Manager Server.

But still I am getting the same default image on log in page.

The other problem I am facing is Customizing the Logon Page.

I am following the steps given in admin guide of EPM workspace on page 17 and they are as follow:
To customize the logon page:
1 Follow instructions in the topic Extract a file in the Workspace Web Application.
2 Backup file <temp directory>/war/WEB-INF/lib/bpmui.jar.
3 Extract the contents of <temp directory>/war/WEB-INF/lib/bpmui.jar to <temp
directory>/bpmui_jar/.. (*)
4 Backup file <temp directory>/bpmui_jar/WEB-INF/classes/com/hyperion/bpm/
Resources_en.properties.
5 Edit file <temp directory>/bpmui_jar/WEB-INF/classes/com/hyperion/bpm/
Resources_en.properties.
6 Search for the property bpm.logonCopyright.
Customizing the Logon Page 17
7 Modify the text to the right of the equal sign. Use \n to get a new line.
8 Save your changes.
9 Repeat step step 1 through step step 8 for all the other Resources_xx.properties files for other
locales.
10 Jar the contents of <temp directory>/bpmui_jar/ to <temp directory>/war/WEBINF/
lib/bpmui.jar.
11 Continue with the topic, Re-package a file inside the Workspace Web Application.

For the first part I am following
Extract a file in the Workspace Web Application
ä To extract files in Workspace Web Application:
1 Stop the service for Hyperion Foundation Services - Managed Server.
2 Backup file <EPM_ORACLE_HOME>/products/Foundation/workspace/
InstallableApps/workspace.ear.
16 Administration Tools and Tasks
3 Using an unarchiving utility, extract the contents of <EPM_ORACLE_HOME>/products/
Foundation/workspace/InstallableApps/workspace.ear into a <temp
directory>.
4 Create <temp directory>/war.
5 Extract the contents of <temp directory>/workspace.war into <temp directory>/
war.
6 Update the file you are patching under <temp directory>/war. as direct in it.
But I am not able to find file bpmui.jar in step 3 of above one (*). I have marked for your connivance.

I am able to see these file in that directory
dynamichelp.jar
workspace.jar.

Can anyone provide help on this. Platform I am using is LINUX
  • 1. Re: Issue in Customizing the Logon Page and Replacing the Logon Panel Image
    835737 Expert
    On Problem 1: This sounds like the file you're changing isn't the one that is served up to the browser. DId you replace the image in each of the theme folders?
    When editing a web page element like this, i always perform a [CTRL][F5] on the browser to force a refresh. You do not need to clear your browser cache each time as per those instructions. Clearing the cache is an inelegant, brute force way of getting the browser to display new page content and should be used as a last resort.

On problems 2 & 3: After you extract, modify, and jar the jar, and zip up the war\ear files, are you redeploying the application?

Regards,
    Robb Salzmann
  • 2. Re: Issue in Customizing the Logon Page and Replacing the Logon Panel Image
    896346 Newbie
    Robb,

Thanks for the reply.

For customizing the logon page, why do I need to deploy the application. There are two problems, just to clarify that. The second and third problem is one only in customizing the logon page is split in to two as I have to follow the step1 to do. That is goin fine but I am not able to find bpmui.jar file

For image part, I closed the browser clear the cache also and reopened the explorer also. Yes I did in each folder. When i open the logon_panel.gif file. I do see the image that i imported in each of the folder. Dimensions are exactly the same as of original one.
  • 3. Re: Issue in Customizing the Logon Page and Replacing the Logon Panel Image
    user2047937 Newbie
    I ran into the exactly the same problem trying to locate the bpmui.jar file and the Resources_en.properties file that is supposed to be contained, there.
    I fiinally found them this morning!

The bpmui.jar file is now a stand alone file located at:
    <EPM_ORACLE_HOME>/common/bpmui-common/11.1.2.0/bpmui.jar

To make even more difficult, the structure of the bpmui.jar file has been changed as well.
    After expanding bpmui.jar, find Resources_en.properties at /com/hyperion/bpm/Resources_en.properties.

Hope this helps

-DB

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points