2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 3:58 AM by user503699 RSS

How is the APEX Listener configured to start

user503699
      Hello,

I am trying to find out how the APEX Listener is configured to start when the machine is started. Following are the details of the APEX listener process:
      [oracle@localhost trace]$ ps aux | grep java | grep -v grep
      oracle    2404  0.0  2.5 1207968 53352 ?       Sl   01:51   0:13 /usr/java/latest/bin/java -Xmx1024m -Xms256m -Dapex.port=8888 -Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/oracle/tmp -jar /home/oracle/listener/apex.war 2>&1 >/tmp/apexListener.log
      Can somebody please help?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: How is the APEX Listener configured to start
          Avi Miller-Oracle
          user503699 wrote:
          I am trying to find out how the APEX Listener is configured to start when the machine is started. Following are the details of the APEX listener process:
          It starts from /etc/rc.d/init.d/oracle-xe most likely (if you're running the XE database), as it is configured to startup with the XE listener.
          • 2. Re: How is the APEX Listener configured to start
            user503699
            Avi Miller wrote:
            user503699 wrote:
            It starts from /etc/rc.d/init.d/oracle-xe most likely (if you're running the XE database), as it is configured to startup with the XE listener.
            Hello Avi,

Thanks a lot for your help.
            I am not running Oracle XE but the pre-configured "Oracle Developer Days" database vm. However, your suggestion was spot-on and I was able to find the call to start the listener in /etc/rc.d/init.d/oracle.

p.s. For some reason, I am not able to mark your answer as "Correct" or mark this question as "Answered". Probably something to do with the way moderator has created this thread.

Edited by: user503699 on Feb 20, 2012 3:27 PM