1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 10:42 PM by Udo

Confusion regarding config.dir in web.xml (GlassFish)

MatthiasHoys
      Hi there,

I just installed the APEX listener under GlassFish. I created a domain, set the security and deployed the apex.war file. After this I configured the database connection for the APEX listener. Everything ok.

Now, I wanted to move the freshly created apex-config.xml to another folder (it was created under /tmp/apex).

I shutdown GlassFish, moved the apex-config.xml file to /u01/app/apex_listener/config/ and modified the web.xml file as follows:

<context-param>
      <param-name>config.dir</param-name>
      <param-value>/u01/app/apex_listener/config</param-value>
      </context-param>

Then I restarted GlassFish. However, the apex-config.xml was not found. I noticed that under my config.dir, a new folder with the name "apex" was created. Once I moved my apex-config.xml file in this folder, the APEX listener found it!

So, it looks like the APEX listener is always looking for a folder named "apex" under the config.dir??? Is this correct? The documentation doesn't say anything about this...

Thanks,
      Matthias Hoys
        • 1. Re: Confusion regarding config.dir in web.xml (GlassFish)
          Udo
          Hi Matthias,
          So, it looks like the APEX listener is always looking for a folder named "apex" under the config.dir??? Is this correct? The documentation doesn't say anything about this...
          I can confirm that option 2 named in the documentation will never be effective, because APEX Listener creates the Mount-Point directory below config.dir if it doesn't exist, even if you have a valid apex-config.xml in the config.dir itself.
          This seems to be a bug, possibly because APEX Listener stores its bdb for resource templates there as well and does some initialization in the wrong order.
          I wonder why I haven't noticed before, probably because we always use the Mount-Point layout to support multiple instances of APEX Listener on the same JEE Container...

Probably an issue to be fixed with the next release.

-Udo
          1 person found this helpful