This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 3:28 AM by 934042 RSS

When will Java SE 7 Programmer II be available?

909083 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all,

Does anybody has information about the date?

I successfully took the Programmer I exam this week and I fell ready to take the second exam now. What about beta exams? Do they have the same "value" as a released exam? Any pro or cons?

Best regards.
  • 1. Re: When will Java SE 7 Programmer II be available?
    926061 Newbie
    From the Oracle Certification Program page at: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=182
    -------------------------------
    Scoring a Beta Exam

* You will only be scored on the questions that are chosen for the final exam.
    * Since you are graded only on the questions selected for the production version of the certification exam, it may take up to 10 weeks after the close of the beta period to receive your exam results from Pearson VUE.
    * Passing a beta exam is the same as passing a production exam. For example, if you were to pass all the beta versions of the exams required within an Oracle Certification path, you will earn your Oracle Certification credential and receive the certificate in the mail.
    -------------------------------

It also says at the top of the page that there will be about 175 - 220 questions (those that will be finally chosen + beta questions that may not be chosen, but you will be scored only on the questions that get chosen for production). Also, you will get more time for the higher number of questions - about 3 to 3.5 hours.

Hope this helps...
    - Ajoy
    jose.beuchat wrote:
    Dear all,

Does anybody has information about the date?

I successfully took the Programmer I exam this week and I fell ready to take the second exam now. What about beta exams? Do they have the same "value" as a released exam? Any pro or cons?

Best regards.
  • 2. Re: When will Java SE 7 Programmer II be available?
    934042 Newbie
    I signed up a few weeks back to take the beta (1Z1-804) on 25/05 but the beta is now listed as closing on 12/05. I've received no notification from Oracle/Pearson asking me to re-schedule the exam before 12/05 if i still want to take it.

I grant that it's a beta and Oracle reserve the right to change the close date - but the least they can do is notify those who have registered.

I called Pearson to re-schedule and was still able to re-schedule for 15/05 - after the exam closes !! Obviously I didn't and re-scheduled for 11/05 but being able to re-schedule for a later date has me confused.

Anybody have any experience with registering for a beta with a moving close date ?

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=182#2

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points