This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 12:43 PM by user52268 RSS

Dell PowerEdge R310, Need PERC H700 driver

user52268 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi:

I can't find the Solaris 10 x64 driver for the PowerEdge R310 with a PERC H700 adapter installed. Has anyone installed this and can you tell me where/what driver to use. Dell is referring me to the LSI website and I just want to run it up the flag to see what anyone else has done to resolve this.

Thanks,

Doc
  • 1. Re: Dell PowerEdge R310, Need PERC H700 driver
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    A quick search of these forums suggests that nothing "PERC" has ever worked with Solaris, at least not without a lot of effort on your part.

The forum discussions also suggest you actually do need to figure out and confirm who is the actual underlying manufacturer if the HBA's chipset. Maybe that manufacturer (possibly LSI) will have something. Then you're going to be on your own with driver installation and HBA configuration.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  • 2. Re: Dell PowerEdge R310, Need PERC H700 driver
    Nik Expert
    Hi.

Try use driver:
    http://www.lsi.com/channel/products/storagecomponents/Pages/MegaRAIDSAS9260-4i.aspx

Regards.
  • 3. Re: Dell PowerEdge R310, Need PERC H700 driver
    user52268 Newbie
    Hi:
    I contacted Dell tech support and got bumped up to their server division. They didn't have a driver and it took a bit for them to find the cross-reference part number for an LSI driver. Here's the link they gave me for the H700.

http://www.lsi.com/Pages/user/eula.aspx?file=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lsi.com%2fdownloads%2fPublic%2fMegaRAID%2520Common%2520Files%2f2.22_2108_Solaris_Driver.zip&Source=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lsi.com%2fchannel%2fproducts%2fstoragecomponents%2fPages%2fMegaRAIDSAS9280-24i4e.aspx

The readme from the driver I downloaded is below. The RAID card you mentioned is on the list and definitely would have worked for me. I checked here after I got off the phone with Dell.

Thanks,

Doc

LSI Corp. Driver for Solaris 10 x86

Release Date: 12/10/10
    ======================

Supported Controllers
    ==================

MegaRAID SAS 9260-4i
    MegaRAID SAS 9260CV-4i
    MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i
    MegaRAID SAS 9260CV-8i
    MegaRAID SAS 9260DE-8i
    MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i
    MegaRAID SAS 9280-4i4e
    MegaRAID SAS 9280-8e
    MegaRAID SAS 9280DE-8e
    MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e
    MegaRAID SAS 9280-16i4e
    MegaRAID SAS 9260-16i
    MegaRAID SAS 8704ELP
    MegaRAID SAS 8704EM2
    MegaRAID SAS 8708ELP
    MegaRAID SAS 8708EM2
    MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2
    MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP
    MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP*
    MegaRAID SAS 8344ELP*
    MegaRAID SAS 84016E*
    MegaRAID SAS 8408E*
    MegaRAID SAS 8480E*
    MegaRAID SATA 300-8ELP*

*These older controllers should work but have not been tested.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points