This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 1:03 AM by 956648 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Error: Could not find or load main class com.sun.tools.javac.Main
    EJP Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    it supposed to not have special characters like as "+", ... or space.
    I haven't found that to be the case. Spaces in paths have always worked perfectly for me.

You're also six months late.
  • 16. Re: Error: Could not find or load main class com.sun.tools.javac.Main
    956648 Newbie
    I've been a Java programmer since 1995 and am saddened to see the rude responses from veterans of this forum being entirely unhelpful to someone new to the language. Shame on you.

I came across this thread because I just ran into the same problem. The JDK installer has two steps, asking for directory paths at each point. First is the jdk, next is the jre. I mistakenly chose the same path for both. Uninstalling, then installing again the jdk at my preferred location, and letting the jre install at its default location fixed the problem.

Those suggestions in this thread that this might be a classpath env problem are shamefully ignorant based on the info the op provided.
  • 17. Re: Error: Could not find or load main class com.sun.tools.javac.Main
    gimbal2 Guru
    953645 wrote:
    I've been a Java programmer since 1995 and am saddened to see the rude responses from veterans of this forum being entirely unhelpful to someone new to the language. Shame on you.
    Ha ha, another one of you :) There has to be one at least once a month. No, perhaps you will be the one that has the right to define what is rude and what is not.
  • 18. Re: Error: Could not find or load main class com.sun.tools.javac.Main
    EJP Guru
    those suggestions in this thread that this might be a classpath env problem
    There are no suggestions here that this 'might be a CLASSPATH env problem'. There are several suggestions that he has set it wrongly and should remove it and try again, and several statements that this may not fix it. Do read the thread properly before responding, and try not to overreact.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points