This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 5:33 AM by 889619 RSS

Import Oracle BPA model (EPC) to Oracle BPM 11G

917637 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have my business process modeled using Oracle BPA product (EPC format). Now I need to import this model into Oracle BPM 11G which uses BPMN 2.0 format. Does any of the softwares provide a way to transform EPC models to BPMN 2.0 format.

These are the some of the approaches that I tried to perform the conversion:

1. Use share blueprint option for EPC model
Issue with this approach: The model imorted in jdeveloper is not BPMN 2.0 format, It is .xpdl file

2. Installed tutor macros on Oracle BPA, however this macro is enabled only for BPMN 2.0 process models, not for collobration models. Recreating the entire model as BPMN 2.0 Process model (I don't prefer this approach since this include manual conversion of the models from EPC) also does not work.
Issue with this approach: After importing model in OBPM is all activities appear as human task, new human task is created for start and stop activities along with start and stop events.

3. Use share blueprint option in Oracle BPA, this works only for BPMN 1.0 formats.
Issue with this approach: The SOA -> share blueprint option is not enabled for BPMN 2.0 type models

Ideal solution for me would be if there is a way to import the models created in EPC format into oracle BPM 11g without recreating the models manually. Can anyone help me with this?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points