1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 4:15 PM by Nooruddin Shaik

Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]

Hi All,

While run the ear (customized with base modules)I am getting the below error could you please help me on this ASAP.so that I can work.
      Please any one have look at this problem

20:48:39,932 INFO [NucleusServlet] ENVIRONMENT=
      atg.dynamo.home=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\home,
      atg.dynamo.root=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3,
      atg.dynamo.server.home=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\home,
      atg.dynamo.versioninfo=ATGPlatform/10.0.3,
      atg.dynamo.modules=newatgProject,B2CCommerce,Fulfillment,DSS,DafEar.Admin,DafEar,
      atg.dynamo.platformversion=10.0.3,
      atg.dynamo.dafj2eeapps.root=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3,
      atg.dynamo.display=:0.0,
      atg.license.read=true,
      atg.dynamo.use-install=true,
      atg.dynamo.daf=true
      dataDir=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\home
      servername=null
      standalone=false

20:48:40,582 INFO [ScreenLog] Using external info logging for Nucleus debug and trace messages to prevent hidden Nucleus logging. Set the Nucleus /atg/dynamo/service/logging/ScreenLog.useInfoForDebug property to false to use external logging debug and trace instead.
      20:48:41,934 ERROR [JTDataSource] an exception was encountered while trying to populate the pool with the starting number of resources: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver from BaseClassLoader@a7d24a{vfsfile:/C:/dev/tools/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/server/newAtgModule/deploy/newAtgModule.ear/}
      20:48:41,944 ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to initialize propertly, i.e. the starting number of connections could not be created; check your database accessibility and JDBC driver configuration
      20:48:42,008 ERROR [IdGenerator]
      CAUGHT AT:
      CONTAINER:atg.service.idgen.IdGeneratorException; SOURCE:CONTAINER:atg.service.idgen.IdGeneratorException; SOURCE:java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver from BaseClassLoader@a7d24a{vfsfile:/C:/dev/tools/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/server/newAtgModule/deploy/newAtgModule.ear/}
      at atg.service.idgen.PersistentIdGenerator.initialize(PersistentIdGenerator.java:367)
      at atg.service.idgen.AbstractSequentialIdGenerator.doStartService(AbstractSequentialIdGenerator.java:621)
      at atg.nucleus.GenericService.startService(GenericService.java:496)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.startService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1458)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.configureAndStartService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1206)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:826)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:590)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:571)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.resolveName(NucleusNameResolver.java:416)
      at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.resolveName(NucleusNameResolver.java:1120)
      at atg.nucleus.ConfigurationRef.getValue(ConfigurationRef.java:81)

Regards,
      Jyothi.mj
        • 1. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
          Gurvinder
          Can you put latest ojdbc14.jar in your jboss/server/<server-name>/lib and restart server.
          • 3. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
            Hi sampro07 ,

I configured the below components in the path atg/dynamo/service/jdbc

*1)FakeXADataSource.properties*

$class=atg.service.jdbc.FakeXADataSource
            driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
            url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe
            user=TESTATG
            password=TESTATG

*2)JTDataSource.properties*

$class=atg.service.jdbc.MonitoredDataSource
            dataSource=/atg/dynamo/service/jdbc/FakeXADataSource
            JNDIName=ATGOracleDS

and ds.xml file

<datasources>
            <local-tx-datasource>
            <jndi-name>ATGOracleDS</jndi-name>
            <!--NOTE: Solid wants the username/password in the URL, it will
            ignore the specific arguments.-->
            <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE</connection-url>
            <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>

<user-name>TESTATG</user-name>
                 <password>TESTATG</password>

<!-- The minimum connections in a pool/sub-pool.
                 Pools are lazily constructed on first use -->
                 <min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>

<!-- The maximum connections in a pool/sub-pool -->
                 <max-pool-size>10</max-pool-size>
            </local-tx-datasource>

</datasources>

Please have look and I hope all seems to be ok but getting the error,could you please help me out.

Regards,
            Jyothi.mj
            • 4. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
              Gurvinder
              Jyothi,

do u have the latest ojdbc14.jar in your jboss/server/<server-name>/lib ?
              can u check this directory?

Also make the min-pool-size as 1 and max-pool-size as 100 in your DS.xml

Thanks
              • 5. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                Hi Gurvinder ,

I updated with latest ojdbc14.jar in my jboss/server/<server-name>/lib, that error is resolved, but while statup the server I am getting the bellow error with database.

16:28:18,824 INFO [NucleusServlet] ENVIRONMENT=
                atg.dynamo.home=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\home,
                atg.dynamo.root=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3,
                atg.dynamo.server.home=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\home,
                atg.dynamo.versioninfo=ATGPlatform/10.0.3,
                atg.dynamo.modules=newatgProject,B2CCommerce,Fulfillment,DSS,DafEar.Admin,DafEar,
                atg.dynamo.platformversion=10.0.3,
                atg.dynamo.dafj2eeapps.root=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3,
                atg.dynamo.display=:0.0,
                atg.license.read=true,
                atg.dynamo.use-install=true,
                atg.dynamo.daf=true
                dataDir=C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\home
                servername=null
                standalone=false

16:28:19,418 INFO [ScreenLog] Using external info logging for Nucleus debug and trace messages to prevent hidden Nucleus logging. Set the Nucleus /atg/dynamo/service/logging/ScreenLog.useInfoForDebug property to false to use external logging debug and trace instead.
                16:28:23,029 ERROR [JTDataSource] an exception was encountered while trying to populate the pool with the starting number of resources: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
                16:28:23,037 ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to initialize propertly, i.e. the starting number of connections could not be created; check your database accessibility and JDBC driver configuration
                16:28:25,128 ERROR [IdGenerator]
                CAUGHT AT:
                CONTAINER:atg.service.idgen.IdGeneratorException; SOURCE:CONTAINER:atg.service.idgen.IdGeneratorException; SOURCE:java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
                at atg.service.idgen.PersistentIdGenerator.initialize(PersistentIdGenerator.java:367)
                at atg.service.idgen.AbstractSequentialIdGenerator.doStartService(AbstractSequentialIdGenerator.java:621)
                at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.configureAndStartService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1206)
                at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:590)

16:51:46,584 ERROR [DatasetRecorderManager] java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

16:51:48,605 ERROR [DatasetRecorderManager] java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

16:51:50,635 ERROR [DatasetRecorderManager] java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

16:51:52,668 ERROR [DatasetRecorderManager] java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Could you please help me out.

Regards,
                Jyothi.mj

Edited by: Jyothi.mj on Feb 22, 2012 3:22 AM
                • 6. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                  Gurvinder
                  Ok, so your ds.xml looks a little different

Can you copy/paste the following in your ds xml and restart your server

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                  <datasources>
                  <!-- @version $Id: //product/CIM/version/10.0/plugins/Base/filetemplate/jboss-open-ds.xml#1 $$Change: 610294 $-->

<xa-datasource>
                  <jndi-name>ATGOracleDS</jndi-name>
                  <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
                  <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
                  <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
                  <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
                  <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
                  <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
                  <xa-datasource-class>oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
                  <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/XE</xa-datasource-property>
                  <xa-datasource-property name="User">TESTATG</xa-datasource-property>
                  <xa-datasource-property name="Password">TESTATG</xa-datasource-property>
                  <!-- Uncomment the following if you are using Oracle 9i
                  <xa-datasource-property name="oracle.jdbc.V8Compatible">true</xa-datasource-property>
                  -->
                  <exception-sorter-class-name>
                  org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter
                  </exception-sorter-class-name>
                  </xa-datasource>
                  </datasources>
                  • 7. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                    Hi Gurvinder ,

Thank you..,after replaced with the new ds (as you given )file,it seems to same error I am getting can you have a look.Please update me.

16:59:48,192 INFO [ScreenLog] Using external info logging for Nucleus debug and trace messages to prevent hidden Nucleus logging. Set the Nucleus /atg/dynamo/service/logging/ScreenLog.useInfoForDebug property to false to use external logging debug and trace instead.
                    16:59:51,894 ERROR [JTDataSource] an exception was encountered while trying to populate the pool with the starting number of resources: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

16:59:51,908 ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to initialize propertly, i.e. the starting number of connections could not be created; check your database accessibility and JDBC driver configuration
                    16:59:52,552 WARN [loggerI18N] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.xarecovery1] Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery got XA exception javax.transaction.xa.XAException, XAException.XAER_RMERR
                    16:59:53,913 ERROR [IdGenerator]
                    CAUGHT AT:
                    CONTAINER:atg.service.idgen.IdGeneratorException; SOURCE:CONTAINER:atg.service.idgen.IdGeneratorException; SOURCE:java.sql.SQLException: atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

I placed the below content in the FakeXADataSource.properties

$class=atg.service.jdbc.FakeXADataSource
                    driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
                    url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE
                    user=TESTATG
                    password=TESTATG

is it ok or else do I need to change any thing here(driver)

Regrards,
                    Jyothi.mj

Edited by: Jyothi.mj on Feb 22, 2012 3:47 AM

Edited by: Jyothi.mj on Feb 22, 2012 3:53 AM
                    • 8. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                      Gurvinder
                      you dont need the FakeXAdatasource.

Just configure the JTDatasource a.d DirectJTDatasources

Also, why dont you run cim and configure your database and servers properties.

i see you are using only one schema.
                      how did you generate this TESTATG schema ?
                      • 9. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                        Hi Gurvinder,

Below are my comments.I gave the answers for your questions.

you dont need the FakeXAdatasource.

I removed the FakeXAdatasource file but getting the same error.

Just configure the JTDatasource a.d DirectJTDatasources

only I placed one file with name under atg software .

JTDataSource.properties

*$class=atg.service.jdbc.MonitoredDataSource*
                        dataSource=/atg/dynamo/service/jdbc/FakeXADataSource
                        JNDIName=ATGOracleDS

Also, why dont you run cim and configure your database and servers properties.

I to have to some idea on cim but here I can't apply -;)(I think you understand) (basically I am creating a project with base module)

i see you are using only one schema.

Yes
                        how did you generate this TESTATG schema ?

I just created this schema under SYSTEM tablespace.

Correct me if I am wrong..-

Regrds,
                        Jyothi.mj

Edited by: Jyothi.mj on Feb 22, 2012 4:11 AM

Edited by: Jyothi.mj on Feb 22, 2012 4:12 AM

Edited by: Jyothi.mj on Feb 22, 2012 5:20 AM
                        • 10. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                          Gurvinder
                          did you import the initial ATG scripts after creating the schema?
                          • 11. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                            yes,I run all the dependent module scripts I am able to all the tables.under the SYSTEM tables same and able to login the same user name and password.
                            • 12. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                              Gurvinder
                              somehow i still see mysql being refered

atg.service.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Can you search mysql in your entire project and server properties to see if its being refered somewhere in some properties?
                              • 13. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                                I find there are two files in the below path which contains the MySQL.Please correct me if I am wrong.

C:\dev\tools\ATG\ATG10.0.3\DafEar\JBoss\copy-to-jboss_home-your_server-deploy-dir

files name with
                                1)atg-apps-mysql-ds
                                2)atg-mysql-ds

In the above file contains the

<local-tx-datasource>
                                <!-- The jndi name of the DataSource, it is prefixed with java:/ -->
                                <!-- Datasources are not available outside the virtual machine -->
                                <jndi-name>ATGMotorpriseDS</jndi-name>
                                <!-- The jdbc url -->
                                <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test</connection-url>
                                <!-- The driver class -->
                                <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
                                <!-- The login and password -->
                                <user-name>root</user-name>
                                <password></password>
                                <!-- The minimum connections in a pool/sub-pool.
                                Pools are lazily constructed on first use -->
                                <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
                                <!-- The maximum connections in a pool/sub-pool -->
                                <max-pool-size>3</max-pool-size>
                                </local-tx-datasource>

In my project I haven't created any server properties.

Regards,
                                Jyothi.mj
                                • 14. Re: Getting build error [ ERROR [JTDataSource] The connection pool failed to ]
                                  Hi Gurvinder,

I just create the project with below steps .

1)MANIFEST.MF file I placed

Manifest-Version: 1.0
                                  ATG-Config-Path: config/
                                  ATG-Required: DAS DPS DSS DAS
                                  ATG-J2EE: j2ee-apps/newAtgModule
                                  ATG-EAR-Module: j2ee-apps/newAtgModule
                                  ATG-Class-Path: bin

2)runAssembler.bat passing the Arguments.

newAtgModule.ear -m newatgProject B2CCommerce Fulfillment DSS DafEar.Admin

I Just using ATG plugin eclipse ,and create a New ATG Module

Regrds,
                                  jyothi.mj
                                  1 2 Previous Next