1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2012 10:05 PM by Shivananda Rao Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Standby won't open after 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 upgrade
        mseberg
        Sounds like a Dilbert Cartoon I have on my wall here!

Hope things work out.

mseberg
        • 16. Re: Standby won't open after 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 upgrade
          ray_h
          Right - problem solved.

We had to go back to 11.2.0.1 first, but essentially I ended up following Oracle's recommended way of doing this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25608/upgrades.htm#SBYDB1200

Upgrade 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 and install patch 11724916

- stop dataguard on both primary and standby. And by that I mean stopping DG from even running (alter system set dg_broker_start = false)

- install software and patch* in new ORACLE_HOME locations on primary and standby. This is very important, as if you attempt to install the patch post-upgrade, you'll get heaps of ORA-00600 errors.

- Mount the physical standby and enable MRP

- Upgrade the primary db, then start it

- Start DG

- Open standby in read-only mode

I had a few DG vs DB parameter mismatches (ORA-16714:) in both databases but that's easy to resolve. The tricky bit was making sure all the config is correct.

Thanks everyone who responded (sensibly).

Ray
          • 17. Re: Standby won't open after 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 upgrade
            Shivananda Rao
            The solution/steps required were in front of you, provided if you would have gone through all the posts on this thread clearly by referring the documents mentioned ;)
            1 2 Previous Next