1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 5:35 PM by wgkorb RSS

Override bundled JAX-WS classes with newer version?

wgkorb
      Hello,

I have a webapp that includes a web service client built using NetBeans and JAX-WS 2.2.5. There appears to be a JAX-WS runtime included in the WS_HOME//lib/webserv-jwsdp.jar file (as I see lots of javax.xml.ws & com.sun.xml.ws classes contained therein). I appear to be getting those classes rather than the ones included in my webapp, or even when using the endorsed directory in the JRE lib.

How can I override those bundled classes to use the classes from the latest JAX-WS RI? Can I just add jars to the classpath prefix, and if so, which ones do I need to use? I'm thinking these jars included in the JAX-WS 2.2.5 distro:

jaxb-api.jar
      jaxws-api.jar
      jaxws-rt.jar

Thanks,
      Bill
        • 1. Re: Override bundled JAX-WS classes with newer version?
          wgkorb
          On the assumption that I was on the right track here, I added the suspected JARs to my WS classpath prefix, and saw the error: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/glassfish/ha/store/api/BackingStoreException". Poking around, I found that class in ha-api.jar, so I added that to the classpath prefix, too, and now it appears to be working. So am I indeed using JAX-WS 2.2.5 now?

Thanks,
          Bill