This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
1) Are you saying that everything worked properly in APEX 4.1 but when you applied the APEX 4.1.1 patch set, downloaded from My Oracle Support, that you started to encounter these errors?
2) Were there any errors or warnings in in the patch set installation log?
3) If you edit an Interactive Report and you get that error, will you get that error consistently, every time?
4) For an IR where you get this error, can you query the APEX view APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_REGIONS and report back what are the distinct display_position and display_position_code values in that application?
5) What version of the database is this? What database character set are you using?
6) Are you running your application in French when this occurs?
Thanks for your answers.
1) Yes, everything worked properly in APEX 4.1. When I applied the APEX 4.1.1 patch set downloaded from My Oracle Support I started to encounter these errors.
2) There were no errors or warnings in the patch set installation log.
3) No, I don't get that error consistently. Sometime I can edit an IR attributes but all the select list and checkbox are corrupted in Application Buider. For example, instead of having checkbox to select what to include in the search bar for a Interactive Report, I have 60 checkbox with:
- Exists (SQL query returns at least one row)
- NOT Exists (SQL query returns no rows)
- SQL Expression
- PL/SQL Expression
- PL/SQL Function Body Returning a Boolean
- Request = Expression 1
- Request != Expression 1
- Request Is Contained within Expression 1
We have noticed that all the list of values / checkbox / options are corrupted in the application builder. It is as if they display values from other fields.
4) For the application:
Page Template Region Position 5 REGION_POSITION_05
Page Template Region Position 2 REGION_POSITION_02
Page Template Region Position 4 REGION_POSITION_04
Page Template Region Position 6 REGION_POSITION_06
Before Footer BEFORE_FOOTER
After Header AFTER_HEADER
Page Template Body (2. items below region content) BEFORE_SHOW_ITEMS
Page Template Body (1. items below region content) BEFORE_BOX_BODY
Page Template Region Position 1 REGION_POSITION_01
Page Template Region Position 3 REGION_POSITION_03
Page Template Body (3. items above region content) AFTER_SHOW_ITEMS
Page Template Region Position 7 REGION_POSITION_07
Page Template Region Position 8 REGION_POSITION_08
5) Version of the database: 126.96.36.199.0 on windows server datacenter service pack 2 64 bits.
Database character set: WE8MSWIN1252
6) When the problem occurs I am running Application Builder in English
Thanks for your help.
This is certainly puzzling.
Sorry for the continued barrage of questions, but here goes:
1) When you say "don't get that error consistently", does that mean that sometimes you can edit IR attributes and all of the select lists and checkboxes are rendered normally? But then other times, you edit the same attributes of the same IR in the same page in the same application, and the display of the select lists and checkboxes appear corrupted?
2) Was there any other configuration change / database change / Web server change / environment change done at the same time that you applied the APEX 4.1.1 patch set?
3) Are there any suspicious entries in your database alert log?
Thanks for your reply Joel.
1) When I don't get the error message, I can open the page to edit IR attributes but all of the select lists and checkboxes don't render normally. When I can't open the page to edit IR attributes I get an error message.
2) Nothing has been changed on the database / web server... at the same time I applied the APEX 4.1.1 patch set
3) Nothing suspicious
We reproduced that problem on another sever with the following steps:
1. New installation of Oracle Database 11g R2
2. Installation of APEX 4.1
3. Installation of FR language package
4. Installation of patch set APEX 4.1.1
I recommend you contact Oracle Support for further assistance on this issue.
I followed your steps exactly (DB 11gR2, APEX 4.1, installed French, applied APEX 4.1.1 patch set). The only difference I can see is my DB character set is AL32UTF8. But I do not encounter any errors when editing an Interactive Report. If Oracle Support can reproduce this, then hopefully we can diagnose it further. My suspicion is that this is an underlying database bug with pipelined table functions - we'll see.
I have a few additional questions if you don't mind.
1) what is your preferred language of your browser? Is it set to English [en] or to Frensh [fr]? In Firefox you can find that in the Settings/Content/Languages.
2) If I didn't miss read your your postings, you are running the APEX Builder in English. I assume you just need the FR language package for your application during runtime. What happens on your test system if the FR language package is uninstalled. Are you still able to reproduce the issue?
3) Can you post or mail us screen captures if the problem occurs. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
My Blog: http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com
APEX Plug-Ins: http://apex.oracle.com/plugins
Joel, we will try to reinstall all with the same character set you used to see if the problem still occurs.
1) The prefered language of my browser is [en-US]
2) Yes I am running APEX builder in English. We just need FR language package for uour application during runtime. When the FR language package is uninstalled, we reproduce the issue
3) I mail you screen captures right now
Thanks to both of you
Just to give a new feedback.
On a test server we have reinstalled all the components but this time with AL32UTF8 for the character set of the database.
With this character set, all seems to work correctly and we didn't reproduce the bug we had with the other character set.
So it seems that there is a bug with some character set in the database and APEX 4.1.1