1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 8:16 AM by Mahendra

YOUR HELP NEEDED: Granting external suppliers access to Oracle Production

Dear all,

We are having trouble finding a work-around that allows external suppliers to access our Oracle site without being on the internal client network. The problem is as follows:

After issuing an RFQ, suppliers receive an email with a link to the client RFQ on the Oracle Production site. Clicking the link, suppliers receive an error message saying the link is broken, because they are not on the internal network of the client, and thus cannot access Oracle Production for answering the RFQ.

Oracle sits on the client intranet, and we are looking for something that would allow us to put certain elements (i.e. RFQ) onto the internet for all clients with a username and password to access. If you know of a work-around for this, please contact me asap.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Mat
        • 1. Re: YOUR HELP NEEDED: Granting external suppliers access to Oracle Production
          Mahendra
          917442 wrote:
          Dear all,

We are having trouble finding a work-around that allows external suppliers to access our Oracle site without being on the internal client network. The problem is as follows:

After issuing an RFQ, suppliers receive an email with a link to the client RFQ on the Oracle Production site. Clicking the link, suppliers receive an error message saying the link is broken, because they are not on the internal network of the client, and thus cannot access Oracle Production for answering the RFQ.

Oracle sits on the client intranet, and we are looking for something that would allow us to put certain elements (i.e. RFQ) onto the internet for all clients with a username and password to access. If you know of a work-around for this, please contact me asap.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Mat
          I think you need to implement isupplier for this...
          let us also wait for others to comment

Mahendra