This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 5:29 AM by matthew_morris RSS

OBIEE Certification

438932 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Is there any certification available for Oracle business intelligance enterprise edition is available ?

Regards
  • 1. Re: OBIEE Certification
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Here is the BI certification we have available at this time http://bit.ly/lEAKk9.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 2. Re: OBIEE Certification
    929149 Newbie
    When does the OBIEE 11g Certification coming out? Is it before June 2012?
  • 3. Re: OBIEE Certification
    matthew_morris Expert
    The first indication of an upgrade to the exam will be a beta notification. The beta test will be open for several months and then there will be about four months after the beta closes before the standard (non-beta) test is available. If they announced an OBIEE 11G beta tomorrow (unlikely) the normal test wouldn't be available until the end of 2012.
  • 4. Re: OBIEE Certification
    Just to confirm. We do not yet have a schedule for the 11g version of this certification.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 5. Re: OBIEE Certification
    Joni Newbie
    Hi,

Any update for 11g version certification schedule?

Thanks

Joni
  • 6. Re: OBIEE Certification
    No update. You can keep up with new and upcoming releases on our website at http://bit.ly/mgMHxI.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 7. Re: OBIEE Certification
    679028 Newbie
    Hi,

Any indication of OBIEE certification?
    Can any one please tell me the certification path for Oracle Warehouse Builder for 11g.

Edited by: user10750690 on Jun 26, 2012 2:01 PM
  • 8. Re: OBIEE Certification
    Hi Murari,
    You can check on our website at certification.oracle.com.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 9. Re: OBIEE Certification
    mudi Newbie
    Exam Number: 1Z1-591 (Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite 11g Essentials)

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&p_org_id=28&lang=US&p_exam_id=1Z0_591
  • 10. Re: OBIEE Certification
    446982 Newbie
    Hi Brandye ,

Is there any OBIEE 11g non beta certification available now . I can see BI Suite or Bootcamp certification But want to know the 11g full version cerfitication availability date .

Thanks for your information .

Regards,
    D

Edited by: e_**** on Aug 6, 2012 2:25 AM
  • 11. Re: OBIEE Certification
    bigdelboy Pro
    e_**** wrote:
    Hi Brandye ,

Is there any OBIEE 11g non beta certification available now . I can see BI Suite or Bootcamp certification But want to know the 11g full version cerfitication availability date .

Thanks for your information .

Regards,
    D

Edited by: e_**** on Aug 6, 2012 2:25 AM
    At time of post http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=182 show 1z1-591 to finish beta at 18-AUG-2012. Assuming beta does not get extended (they sometimes do, and i think this had happened before to this exam) 1z0-591 production will appear about 3 months laer, about early/mid novemeber.
  • 12. Re: OBIEE Certification
    649804 Newbie
    Hi all, I have never taken any certification from Oracle before. I am thinking on taking the certification for OBIEE 11g, which as far as I know is still a beta exam.

Can anyone know:
    1. What are the OBIEE 11g beta exam questions like? (multiple choice, fill in the blanks, essay, etc)
    2. What are the OBIEE 11g final exam questions like? (multiple choice, fill in the blanks, essay, etc)
    3. Is there an expiration date of the OBIEE 11g beta and final certifications? If yes, how long is the validity period for them?

Thank you very much! :)
  • 13. Re: OBIEE Certification
    matthew_morris Expert
    1. What are the OBIEE 11g beta exam questions like? (multiple choice, fill in the blanks, essay, etc)
    2. What are the OBIEE 11g final exam questions like? (multiple choice, fill in the blanks, essay, etc)
    Both exams have multiple choice (A or B or C or D) and multiple answer (some combination of A, B , C, D) questions. The beta has over twice as many questions as a production exam, may contain errors, and takes over twice as long to complete as a production exam. You get your pass/fail notification immediately upon test completion for a production exam, but ~11 weeks later for a beta because OE has to decide which questions are going to be counted (i.e. ones with errors are thrown out) and then hand-grade all of the tests.
    3. Is there an expiration date of the OBIEE 11g beta and final certifications? If yes, how long is the validity period for them?
    Oracle certifications don't expire. They simply stop being relevant once the product is no longer used all that much. My Oracle 7.3 DBA certification is still valid, but not relevant.
  • 14. Re: OBIEE Certification
    649804 Newbie
    Thanks a lot for the answers, Matthew.

One more question: is there any official materials/study guide/test practice for OBIEE 11g exams that I can buy to prepare myself better and to get familiarize with the sample questions?
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points