6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 2:25 PM by viki01

FDM Period Control tables

viki01
      Hi All,

Can someone please shed some light into how the control tables work. I'm going through the admin guide but things are still not clear.

My problem is this. When I do a load of actuals for example: for FY12 Feb FDM under working version, FDM deletes the previous year's actuals FY11 Feb. This happens for all the months.

My question: Is this how FDM should work? Or is there something I'm missing. Does it have to do with what I have in the period control tables?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: FDM Period Control tables
          JDN
          Yes, this most likely has something to do with the control table for periods. Since it sounds like you are hitting the correct month in the application you just need to check the "Year Target" in the control table for periods and make sure it is set to 2012 instead of 2011. Additionally, if you have more than one adapter, I believe you would need to set the control table periods for each individual adapter.

Regards,
          Jason
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FDM Period Control tables
            JTF85
            Is the target HFM or Essbase/Planning? If I recall correctly the year was not passed by the default essbase adapter in at least one version and the clear script would eliminate data for any years with the same period. A modification is required to the Export action to change this. I may be off on this, as it may have been the month, but I can't seem to find my notes on it.

JTF
            • 3. Re: FDM Period Control tables
              viki01
              Thank you Jason,

I will check my control tables again to see how I can set control tables for each.

Thanks again
              • 4. Re: FDM Period Control tables
                viki01
                Hi JTF

The target is Essbase/Planning 11.1.1.3. Will this modification need to be done on the adapter itself?
                • 5. Re: FDM Period Control tables
                  JTF85
                  Look through the Adapter itself at I believe it is the Load action, in there is a sample clear script, that would be where you would need to modify the clear script and pass the year.

JTF
                  • 6. Re: FDM Period Control tables
                    viki01
                    Thanks a lot JTF, busy going through the export scripts.

Edited by: user8673221 on 2012/02/29 6:24 AM