4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 2:09 PM by Tony RSS

Documaker - NumText DAL function

Tony
      We have a number of Spanish forms where we need to write out dollar amounts. We have used the NumText function before, and I see there is a FrenchNumText function, but is there a function built for Spanish? I can write a DAL to do it, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is something already in the base product.

Thanks

Tony
        • 1. Re: Documaker - NumText DAL function
          NirmalGarga
          Hi Tony,

Here is my assumption:
          You have to show a dollar amount (will come in the input extract XML or file) as a number. And you would want to expand it in words in Spanish language.

Here is the way you could easily do it:
          Rule: MoveNum
          Mask: V (Spells out the numeric value in US English)
          Lang: ESP

Lang
          Selects a language for spelling out the number. This flag is used with the V flag and mask parameters

Please try using these masking parameters for the field and this should solve the problem.

Thanks!
          • 2. Re: Documaker - NumText DAL function
            NirmalGarga
            Hi Tony,

I am extremely sorry. When I try to implement whatever is given in the Rule book, I am unable to get the Spanish Text. I will keep you posted.
            Thanks!
            • 3. Re: Documaker - NumText DAL function
              user378411
              Hi Tony,

FMTNUM rule with below (example)mask will do what you needed
              nUSD,nESP,"$ZZZ,ZZ9.99"

Thanks,
              Priya

Edited by: 902602 on Feb 29, 2012 8:03 AM
              • 4. Re: Documaker - NumText DAL function
                Tony
                That just returned a formatted number with an odd (but possibly accurate) suffix. I need the word spelled out like this:

$1,000.00 = ciento dolares

Also, this is probably going to be for a user entry system, so I'm thinking this will have to be a DAL function of some sort.