2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 8:06 AM by user10793070 RSS

FLM = 3000 units How do I prevent partials getting into inventory?

user10793070
      Hi,

We have a FLM (Fixed Lot Multiplier) assigned to all our finish goods items. They need to ship in this increament. We are using the UOM of each. What we are trying to prevent is the delivery of partial quantities into inventory from WIP that are not in the multiple of the FLM?

thanks
      Dave
        • 1. Re: FLM = 3000 units How do I prevent partials getting into inventory?
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          Two options I can think of.
          1) Say your FLM is 100.
          You create a new item called Box100. The uom is box. And you create a BOM and routing for this item. And you actually make the box. So only the box will go inventory.
          OR
          2)Add a final step on your routing that instructs the assembler to wait till FLM quantity is completed. You can make that step a "count point" in Oracle.

Do you use WMS?

Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: FLM = 3000 units How do I prevent partials getting into inventory?
            user10793070
            Hi Sandeep Gandhi,

Thanks for your solutions.

We currently do not use WMS. Are there any solutions there?

We are trying to bring in each UOM, but prevent it from picking unless it is in a full box increment that we have established.
            We know this could be done, if we update the customer master for all ship to's to no partials, but that is also cumbersome, and in most cases our customers would want us to ship a partial line, but not unless it is in the full box increment.

We did look at using the UOM of BOX. But there is reluctance by sales to switch from each to BOX. We will pursue a packing operation either in WIP or in inventory if there is no other solution. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
            Dave Steere