7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 9:46 AM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle RSS

1Z0-144: need help

JackK
      Hi!
      I'm going to take this exam tommorow. May you tell me that topics should I take special attention for? I think I'm well prepared but little more detail preparation on specific, important topics should help.

Thanks in advance!
      JackK
        • 1. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
          bigdelboy
          JackK wrote:
          Hi!
          I'm going to take this exam tommorow. May you tell me that topics should I take special attention for? I think I'm well prepared but little more detail preparation on specific, important topics should help.

Thanks in advance!
          JackK
          Remember:

If all else fails read the question.*

Answer the question they have asked ... not the one you think they have asked through not reading the question carefully.

There is going to be typically one question per topic as a rough guideline, so probably better to revise all evenly that spending all revision than on 5 or 6 topics exclusively.

Recheck the authorative list of topics at:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&p_org_id=28&lang=US&p_exam_id=1Z0_144

The guideline pass mark is currently 65%, so not getting 5% of the topics perfect is not a problem, there is leeway for a few mistakes.

.... Of course I have not answered your question.
          • 2. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
            JackK
            I am a little scary because there is approximately 67,5 seconds of time to answer 1 question.
            • 3. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
              bigdelboy
              JackK wrote:
              I am a little scary because there is approximately 67,5 seconds of time to answer 1 question.
              Wrong thinking.

- There is 1 minute to answer each question, and a little recovery time at the end.

... Thinking one minute per question helps you keep an eye on the countdown clock easier, and knowing if you have to speed up a little.
              • 4. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
                JackK
                I passed with score 89% :)
                Exam was rather difficult to me. Till the score report I thought I'd fail. I had no time to review all marked questions.
                • 5. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
                  JackK
                  +[marking as answered]+

So now I'm on my way to OCP ;)
                  ----------
                  May you tell me if there is Hands-On Course Requirement associated with OCA? Must I fill any form to request my certificate?
                  • 6. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
                    Rene Argento
                    Congratulations on passing the exam!

There is no hands-on course requirement associated with the OCA certification.
                    If you passed any of the (1z0-007 or 1z0-047 or 1z0-051) and the 1z0-144 you will recieve the OCA certificate.
                    • 7. Re: 1Z0-144: need help
                      Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                      Congratulations on passing your exam!

Regards,
                      Brandye Barrington
                      Certification Forum Moderator