This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 4:28 AM by 798853 RSS

no jmvfw in java.library.path

921740 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
So i am trying to get started with the java media framework. Ive installed the jmf 2.1.1e for windows and i am using eclipse IDE.
I have tried to add the jar files to the projects build path, but i get this error when trying to execute the project:
Exception in thread "VFW Request Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JMFSecurityManager: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jmvfw in java.library.path

Can anyone help me ?
  • 1. Re: no jmvfw in java.library.path
    gimbal2 Guru
    Not that I ever used JMF, but as far as I know JMF also has native libraries (DLL, SO) which need to be made available to the runtime. Hence the UnsatisfiedLinkError, the JRE is not finding a required native module. When running from Eclipse you will likely need to manually set the proper libraries in the project settings (in the build path).
  • 2. Re: no jmvfw in java.library.path
    921740 Newbie
    There is no DLL files in the JMF folder, the lib folder contains only jar files, which i tried to add to the build path, but not working.
    When searching online it seems that this is all i have to do, but this jmvfw thing eclipse cant find, i dont know what it is, at least none of the jars is named like this...
  • 3. Re: no jmvfw in java.library.path
    921740 Newbie
    Ok, now i figured out why i was missing the dll files in the jmf folder - under the installation i had checked the "move dlls to system32", and for some reason, the dlls was never added to the system32 or to the jmf folder. weird, but trying to install the jmf again, i unchecked this, and now i have all the dlls in the jmf lib folder. But now i have a new exception:
    Exception in thread "VFW Request Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JMFSecurityManager: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\JMF2.1.1e\lib\jmvfw.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Any idea how to solve this??
  • 4. Re: no jmvfw in java.library.path
    gimbal2 Guru
    Hmm, I see that the download has a cross-platform "alljava" version of JMF, but also operating system specific ones (which WILL have native libraries in it):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-client-419417.html#7372-jmf-2.1.1e-oth-JPR

So I am wondering if the jars being used are mixed up somewhere.
  • 5. Re: no jmvfw in java.library.path
    798853 Newbie
    You need to remove your Java SDK 64bit and install 32 bit version , JMF is not working with 32 bit .

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points