3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2012 4:09 PM by 432524 RSS

Oracle not focus on the security market ?

hi all,

as my personally experiences, all Oracle Security products till now is not used much in real system. Most Customers not use it, they often use the third-party solutions.

Is that true ? if yes, what is the reason ?

Could you share your opinions about his ?

Regards.
        • 1. Re: Oracle not focus on the security market ?
          IronDrake
          Hi there,

We use ASO and DV on our DB Site, I think ppl doesn't use them too much since their price is set too high, and many features used by these products require a very specific security requirement (f. ex. comply with SOX or PCI) and many customers don't have that need.

Regards!
          • 2. Re: Oracle not focus on the security market ?
            yes, Oracle products are expensive !

as we know, IBM security solutions is not cheap, but they can sell it well.

Rgds.

Edited by: user8710247 on Mar 6, 2012 1:51 AM
            • 3. Re: Oracle not focus on the security market ?
              Well, I believe that you are not at the right customers then :-)

I do regularly work for customers who use some - if not all - of the Oracle Security products.

Often customers are not even aware that they use Oracle products. For example at the last company I worked (very large multi-national consulting company) all security and IDM stuff was powered by Oracle. But as the look and feel was integrated into their corporate style only a few people knew it was an Oracle product that did SSO, user management and the like.

cu
              Andreas