8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 12:22 AM by user356196

Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i

user356196
      Hi,

I have few questions on Purchasing module, can any one plase provide your inputs, any help is highly apporeciated. i am using 11i

1. When we Auto create PO from a Req, The “Ship To” field does not automatically populate from the REQ. How can we Auto populate Shipt to of a REQ line shipt to PO? Is it Possible?

2. Oracle allows Requestors to submit a REQ for a supplier that is on Hold. Can We make tohave it not allow the REQ to be submitted and provide an error message?.

3. Oracle allows REQ’s to be submitted when missing required information such as “Ship To” and “Supplier Site” as these are not mandatory fields. How can we make these feilds mandatory under REQ screen?can we achieve through Form personalization?.

4. Inorder to Place a supplier on Payment Hold requires checking boxes on the main supplier setup and then on each site setup. Is there any way to we can do one step actions in the main supplier setup affect all existing and subsequent sites.

Thanks

Edited by: 890852 on Mar 6, 2012 7:18 AM
        • 1. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
          Hi There,
          For questions 1 and 2
          1. Setup sourcing rules for the item and organization combination.This way supplier will be defaulted in the PR and while autocreate all other stuff will be defaulted to PO.
          2. There is no relation between supplier and PR.PR is intended for internal use only..usually in real time PR gets submitted to Purchase Dept from shop Floor/manufacturing dept.

Thanks
          Radha.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
            Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
            1. The shipto on the PO shipment should default from the Requisition. However, the shipto on the PO header remains blank. The buyer has to fill it in manually.

2. You will have to create a personalization on the Requisition screen.

3. Yes.

4. The payment hold box on supplier screen is used to default the same box when CREATING a new supplier site. Unless you write a customization, I don't know of any way to set the box on all sites when it is checked on the supplier screen.

Sandeep Gandhi
            • 3. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
              user356196
              Thanks Sandeep for your inputs. I want to clarify further, please let me know if you could. I appreciate your help.

1. The shipto on the PO shipment defaults from the Requisition. However, the shipto on the PO header remains blank. The buyer has to fill it in manually.

This is correct, can we display what ever displayed under "shipto on the PO shipment" to "shipto on the PO header" , is it achieved only through Form personalization.

4. The payment hold box on supplier screen is used to default the same box when CREATING a new supplier site. Unless you write a customization, I don't know of any way to set the box on all sites when it is checked on the supplier screen.

If we check the "Hold all Payments" under Supplier form, it is not automatically defaulting under sites, but is it required to go manually each site and check the "Hold all Payments"?, I think once we check the "Hold all Payments" under Supplier form it would logically apply for all of its sites as well right, though we dont check under sites?

Thanks
              • 4. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
                user356196
                Radha,
                Thanks much, i appreciate your inputs and time, can you please share your thoughts if you could on the questions i posted as a reply to sandeeop, above this. Thanks!.
                • 5. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
                  Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                  1. You probably can try that but what if you are combining 2 requisitions onto one PO and each req. had a different location?
                  4. The defaulting occurs when you check the box and THEN create a new site. You will find that the hold box on the NEW site is checked. Oracle does not default it on existing sites. If you want that, you will have write a customization.

Sandeep Gandhi
                  • 6. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
                    Yes,Infact I agree with Sandeep for both 1 and 4.
                    -->Ship-To in PO Shipement will be defaulted from Requisition only, if we want this to be same as PO header then we should go to personalisation.

-->When the 'Hold from Payment' option is set at the supplier level, it will default down to the site level only for newly created sites.
                    But for sites that already exist, setting the 'Hold from Payment' option at the supplier level will not default down the site level.
                    In this case, one needs to explicitly set the 'Hold from Payment' option at the site level.
                    • 7. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
                      user356196
                      Great!, that helped. Thanks much.
                      • 8. Re: Purchase Req and PO questions in 11i
                        user356196
                        Thanks much Radha, for your help and time.